NM 2B November

INFarmer

FNG
Drew 2B Late rifle. Wondering about weather and the lay of the land.
from OnX it appears to be mesa country. Plan on going to look around a couple times late summer to get a feel for it.
Also deer quality? Was hoping for 170+. Unsure if that's a reality anymore
Thanks

Webb11

FNG
You're assumptions of 2b are correct. I hunt it all the time. Mesa country, there are some forest areas on the higher end. Roads everywhere but that late in season some will be closed. This is due to them being oil rig roads. So they often close gates. In New Mexico there is a great chance of snow or rain around that time. So be prepared. Those roads turn into the worst muddy roads you'll ever try and travel. You will need tire chains if in a truck. Also the quality of deer is high. This area boarders the Jicarilla Reservation and is well known for 200+ deer. I will be there late November as well. Hope this helps.

OP
I

INFarmer

FNG
Thanks.
Is there a listing somewhere of roads that close and location of closer published?

RyanCmns

WKR
You might see a 200” deer I wouldn’t count on it hunting pressure in 2B is unreal I’d say 160+ is more likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Pray for snow... Deer dump out of the San Juans if you get snow early enough. Be ready to cover a ton of ground and spend a lot of time behind glass.

Webb11

FNG
No problem. Just to add a little, there is a ton of road hunters in 2b. Just be aware of that as well. Typically they are taking your average forker but you will see a ton of them while you're out.

Vpowell

FNG
I drew the January archery tag there. Ill be very interested to hear how you make out!
Good luck!

Webb11

FNG
I drew the January archery tag there. Ill be very interested to hear how you make out!
Good luck!

Your January archery tag may just be the winner. Hope for snow and cold weather. Big bucks just might migrate on down from Colorado for your hunt! Good luck. My son's youth tag is late November. I'll be sure and update you on it.

Vpowell

FNG
Your January archery tag may just be the winner. Hope for snow and cold weather. Big bucks just might migrate on down from Colorado for your hunt! Good luck. My son's youth tag is late November. I'll be sure and update you on it.

Thanks! Good luck!