NM Barbary Rut Hunt

The Loon

FNG
Lucked out and drew the mid October Barbary hunt down in 29&30. I've never hunted them before, doing a bunch of research now, haven't had many issues finding good info but can't find much about their behavior during the rut. Anyone out there hunt them during the rut? Curious if I should change my strategy at all, I'm assuming like every other animal males and females will be bunched up.

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
In some ways they are easier to hunt during the rut because any large group of ewes will have one or more mature rams hanging around. It is simply easier to spot the larger groups. The problem is, the ewes are always more switched on than than rams. You asked about changing strategy. Don't know your plan, but mine never changes, glass, glass, glass. Rut behavior is not like antelope or whitetails, where the does run all over the country, ewes tend to stay with the herd.

OP
T

The Loon

FNG
In some ways they are easier to hunt during the rut because any large group of ewes will have one or more mature rams hanging around. It is simply easier to spot the larger groups. The problem is, the ewes are always more switched on than than rams. You asked about changing strategy. Don't know your plan, but mine never changes, glass, glass, glass. Rut behavior is not like antelope or whitetails, where the does run all over the country, ewes tend to stay with the herd.

Thanks for the info!