NM Bighorn sheep hunt 2019

Cdpp880

WKR
Congrats on the draw. Good luck!!! Can’t wait to read about the rest of the hunt

OP
Felix40

Felix40

WKR
I was up there a few weeks ago and was amazed at the number of rams above Williams lake and over below Walter peak (I think that's the name, just south of wheeler, inside the bowl.)

Here's a video of a few Rams who almost ran us off the trail up from Williams.

One of many reasons to stick to archery! Cool video.

OP
Felix40

Felix40

WKR
The only reason I'd sell a sheep cape is to go on another sheep hunt.

We all have different stuff going on. I will never be able to afford a guided sheep hunt so that isnt even a thought for me. And selling a cape would only get me 1/10th of the way there. If it covers an air taxi fee I would rather have that than a mount on the wall.

chasewild

WKR
We all have different stuff going on. I will never be able to afford a guided sheep hunt so that isnt even a thought for me. And selling a cape would only get me 1/10th of the way there. If it covers an air taxi fee I would rather have that than a mount on the wall.
No doubt, I understand. You can't take it with you and if you could hunt with your old man in AK, that's probably worth more in your last moments than a mount.

I wish I would have seen this earlier. I hunted wheeler peak this year (aug 6th) with a buddy of mine. He harvested an exceptional ram. Let me know how it goes. If you need info please pm me.

Heres a few pics of the area I will be hunting. Another question I could use help with is whats the best way to melt snow for water? It takes a ton of fuel so if someone has a system that doesnt require the stove I am all ears. I plan to mess around with some trash bags to see how they would work.

Trash bags, even new unused ones are full of stuff you don't want to drink.

The black cloth bag is a much better idea. Wash the bag several times before using it to melt water.

chasewild

WKR
Shut the eff up! A recurve ram!!!! Forget measurements, just tell the story. In detail.

Great pics too. Which ram was this?

TX_Diver

WKR
Keep the pics coming! Would love some details too whenever you get a chance. Looks like a great stalk