NM Bighorn sheep hunt 2019

npm352

WKR
Those may be the coolest sheep hunting pictures I have ever seen.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll likely never hunt a wild sheep, but reading stories like these sure can make a guy dream. Congratulations!

WoodBow

WKR
Was quite the expeience to watch it all go down through the binos. Knowing that he was about to be able to see them at very close range was super exciting.

I have hunted with this joker for a long time and he is a killer, plain and simple. It also really sucks to try to keep up with him in the mountains. Im gonna blame it on living in texas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
A little late but that was a great thread to read! Congrats on an awesome hunt! What did you decide to do with the cape? Mounting him or euro?

I found a pic of this display of a european sheep and have always wanted to put something together like this.

OP
Felix40

Felix40

WKR
A little late but that was a great thread to read! Congrats on an awesome hunt! What did you decide to do with the cape? Mounting him or euro?

I found a pic of this display of a european sheep and have always wanted to put something together like this.

View attachment 124213

I do like that. May have to do an animal like that at some point. Its getting close to time to retire my bikini frame anyway. Some of the seams are starting to rip out.

I ended up getting a podium shoulder mount done. When it came down to it most taxidermists only wanted to offer credit for the cape and I dont know how to find that one guy out there needing a full body. Its good because I like the ram A LOT. He isnt what i imagined I would kill because I always liked the look of the really dark horns and hide. This ram was almost blonde but I think I like him even better that way.

WoodBow

WKR
I do like that. May have to do an animal like that at some point. Its getting close to time to retire my bikini frame anyway. Some of the seams are starting to rip out.

I ended up getting a podium shoulder mount done. When it came down to it most taxidermists only wanted to offer credit for the cape and I dont know how to find that one guy out there needing a full body. Its good because I like the ram A LOT. He isnt what i imagined I would kill because I always liked the look of the really dark horns and hide. This ram was almost blonde but I think I like him even better that way.
Glad to hear thats the call you made.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You are a next level badass when you kill a huge bighorn sheep with a recurve that you made yourself.

BTW: I got to use the game bags that you sold me last month. You make great game bags!

Oregonboy

WKR
God, what a thread!! What a write-up and WHAT A RAM!!! Congrats all around, a 180+ ram on a homemade recurve bow, unreal.

Well done sir!!