NM keeping your hunting license $

Looks like if you apply to NM, you're going to have less competition, I quit. I'll get better odds trying to turn my $63 dollars into enough to buy a landowner tag.:(

Trial153

WKR
Figured that was coming. I will take that and Idaho over the point ponzis states any day.

You might be be right about better odds of turning that 63 in to a land owner though in all honestly .....

Djacker

WKR
Looks like if you apply to NM, you're going to have less competition, I quit. I'll get better odds trying to turn my $63 dollars into enough to buy a landowner tag.:([/QUOTE

I agree, the hell with new Mexico. Another state taking advantage of mainly non resident dollars!!

Forest

WKR
Figured some changes had to be coming, it was honestly too good to be true before. Does kinda stink to not get something for your money, but on the other hand as bad as point creep is in other states I still like the no point system. IF it will make better odds it's fine by me ha

swampokie

WKR
We knew this was coming at some point. Im not as happy to donate my money as some posters especially when they are giving me an amazing 6% of the tags. That being said I guess ill keep donating.

Trial153

WKR
The 10% outfitter welfare pool and the landowner welfare tags in NM is total bullshit. The 63 license fee I am happy to pay.

blackdawg

WKR
The 10% outfitter welfare pool and the landowner welfare tags in NM is total bullshit. The 63 license fee I am happy to pay.

Please explain why your happy to pay extra when the working stiff DIY guy is obviously the one being penalized with this new rule? I totally agree with state sponsored welfare being a total political crock of dung for outfitters and landowner tags that are used for milking the public resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riplip

WKR
Pretty similar fee to what you would pay for a point in any other state. I am not a fan of the outfitter pool and would certainly like to see more tags allocated to NR but I still prefer the non-preference point system and will continue to enter the draw in NM.

Trial153

WKR
Please explain why your happy to pay extra when the working stiff DIY guy is obviously the one being penalized with this new rule? I totally agree with state sponsored welfare being a total political crock of dung for outfitters and landowner tags that are used for milking the public resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

License fees fund state wildlife and conservation programs as well as fish and game departments. They also receive matching funds through pitman Roberts. If we don’t pay it nobody will at this point. I am more then happy to contribute to conservation. Even with the license fee applying in NM is still the cheapest western state by far. Furthermore they aren’t bleeding use dry with the ponzie scheme of preference points.
Of all the things to bitch about in NM them collecting a 63$ NR
License isn’t one of them.

Felix40

WKR
I hate to break it to you non-residents but its going to be more than $63. The good news is that its not per species like a lot of states. And if you draw any species you will have to buy a hunting license anyway. So just put in for multiple species to make it worth the money. Each species will cost you an extra $13. I dont think its too bad compared to other states. Resident licenses are 2X as much as they are in Colorado so you cant say there is an unfair burden put on nonresidents.

I agree with everyone who said the outfitter pool is bs though.

Meh. Its been pretty cheap for awhile. Even so, you can still apply for a couple species for what, under a hundred bucks? Still not that bad at all.
It'd be nice if they actually sent me a tag one of these times though....lol

rbljack

WKR
well that does suck a bit. I haven't heard it anywhere but here, but haven't researched it yet either. If they are doing that, I do think they should up the percentage a bit for us non-residents to offset that cost. As strange as this sounds, that license fee will actually help me increase my odds a bit....LOL. Reason is this; being 5 hrs away, we get the license either way, and end up chasing thunder chickens up on the mountains to start spring off right (whether we draw on deer/elk or not. So ….if this is a deterrent for some to apply, it will just increase my odds a little if fewer apply. Like I said though...I think the non resident percentage should be a little bit higher. I haven't drawn for elk yet, and have put in the last 4 years