NM keeping your hunting license $

We're all working stiffs. Here we go again. Someone wanting something for nothing. NM can be tough for even us residents to draw. When I don't, I pony up and go to CO, buy the fishing license, and get another point. If they had elk in Ohio, I'd go visit family when I didn't draw, and attempt to kill a giant whitetail and an elk. Quite sure that wouldn't be on the cheap ;)

So a lot of people apply for hunts in New Mexico simply because it is inexpensive and with no preference point system, why not apply for some great hard to draw hunts every year? If you look at draw odds, tag allotment, and number of applicants for certain hunts in NM its easy to see that some pretty insurmountable odds have been created by sheer number of applicants. Maybe this will spread out/thin out applicants in some units and yield a better chance at some of those hunts that currently have 0.2% draw odds. I'm not saying I'm happy about the increase, just trying to look at it in a positive light.

mixed bag

FNG
If you've ever drawn a tag and elk hunted NM, you won't have an issue with $63.I have more of an issue with colorado new game in making you buy a license to apply.Of all the states I hunt they have the least quality experience

davsco

WKR
just seems like a lot to pay for a minute chance at actually drawing. but then again arizona hits you for $160 just to get a chance at drawing.

I have more of an issue with colorado new game in making you buy a license to apply.Of all the states I hunt they have the least quality experience[/QUOTE said:
Haha I wish more people felt this way, spread the word!

I wish more states were like arizona. Hit you for 160 right off the bat, keep some skin in the game. Do you want to play, ok youre gonna pay. I do not approve of colorado opening all draws to purely an application fee only to get in the game, ive heard plenty of complaints especially in the big 3 drawings

RdRdrFan

WKR
I hate donating money but I’m probably hunting something in New Mexico every year anyway (even if I’m buying a landowner voucher) so not getting my license cost back isn’t an issue. I’m hoping it pisses enough people off that it improves draw odds.

swampokie

WKR
I hate donating money but I’m probably hunting something in New Mexico every year anyway (even if I’m buying a landowner voucher) so not getting my license cost back isn’t an issue. I’m hoping it pisses enough people off that it improves draw odds.
That's not gona happen