NM Landowner Permits

dbailey7

FNG
My father and I got an opportunity to buy some landowner permits for NM, but the situation seems a little off. Has anyone ever hunted Lujan's Ranch out of Las Vegas, NM. I'm hoping to find a reference outside of the one's he would give me.

Thanks!

Are they offering LO tags for next year already? The new rules and rega aren’t even out yet as far as I know.

OP
dbailey7

dbailey7

FNG
Are they offering LO tags for next year already? The new rules and rega aren’t even out yet as far as I know.
Yes. It seemed early to me too, but I've never purchased LO tags before so didn't know what was normal.

Don't Landowners typically get the same amount of Landowner tags each year or does NMGF change the quotas fairly often? I seem to recall looking at properties for sale that advertised a certain amount of LO Elk Tags that come with the property. I remember thinking that sounded great but that the State could change the quotas or management for an area and end either revoke or reduce them, so it seemed like something that shouldn't be included or advertised in the sale of property.

The only reason I bring that up is maybe the Ranch gets 15 LO tags annually and they pre-sell (or hold a spot for the purchaser until they get them) if that's even legal. To OP, maybe you should call NM Game and Fish first though and ask them about the situation before you give anyone money.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Don't Landowners typically get the same amount of Landowner tags each year or does NMGF change the quotas fairly often? I seem to recall looking at properties for sale that advertised a certain amount of LO Elk Tags that come with the property. I remember thinking that sounded great but that the State could change the quotas or management for an area and end either revoke or reduce them, so it seemed like something that shouldn't be included or advertised in the sale of property.

The only reason I bring that up is maybe the Ranch gets 15 LO tags annually and they pre-sell (or hold a spot for the purchaser until they get them) if that's even legal. To OP, maybe you should call NM Game and Fish first though and ask them about the situation before you give anyone money.
There are three elk management zones and in two of them landowners are allocated tags based on acreage, habitat, etc. In the third zone (outside the core elk habitat), landowners can get as many tags as they want, the way antelope and deer on private works. This property could be in that third zone. There’s a map on the Game and Fish page of the three zones.

If I’m not mistaken I believe we are talking Unit 45? I’ve never heard good things about LO tags in 45. You might be hunting antelope country