NM Unit 10

Toothy12

FNG
Headed out later this week for the first time to Unit 10. It was a last minute tag pick up and couldn't turn it down! I know nothing about the unit but have hunted units 12 and 13 several times. I've heard its crowded and small numbers of elk? Hopefully I can luck into a few, put some time in on the maps already and it appears hard to get away from the roads! Oh well, cant beat getting out there and chasing them this time of year! Glad I can make it work out even in a brand new place. Good luck to all!

Jbl

FNG
How was your hunt? Headed there later this month with a cow tag and not familiar with the area. Any advice?

Headed out later this week for the first time to Unit 10. It was a last minute tag pick up and couldn't turn it down! I know nothing about the unit but have hunted units 12 and 13 several times. I've heard its crowded and small numbers of elk? Hopefully I can luck into a few, put some time in on the maps already and it appears hard to get away from the roads! Oh well, cant beat getting out there and chasing them this time of year! Glad I can make it work out even in a brand new place. Good luck to all!

Elk may be far and few in between, but when you find one, he’s liable to be a
big-un. Congrats on several fronts. 1 being finally someone who didn’t ask where to hunt :)

Jbl

FNG
Here’s a little info from our experience:
Roads everywhere...and where there’s not one, someone makes one. We didn’t see a single group outside of their vehicles for that matter.
As mentioned above, we did find Bulls and a few big-un’s. Unfortunately we were after cows and with this being a late season hunt, most were on private lands. All in all, it was an experience learning a new unit for us, however, not having an opportunity to harvest an animal was disappointing. Hope others were successful.