NM Unit 37 Archery elk, here I come!

TheCougar

WKR
I finally turned my luck around! After losing my Arizona bull tag last year to deployment (thanks a lot Bin Laden), I drew a late September archery tag for NM unit 37! Giddyup! Anyone hunted there, and if so, was it a good hunt? Sounds like a tough hunt with low densities, but also few hunters afield. I'm looking forward to hearing some bugles!

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I'm not sure if you're serious that you think I'm serious, or if you are meeting my humor with your humor. Yes, I know he is dead. It is a quote from "The Hangover": "Counting cards isn't illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane... Maybe since 9/11 when everyone got so damn sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden!"

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Bump... no one has hunted NM unit 37? I'm not asking for any information other than:

1. Was it a good hunt?

Seriously. I'm not asking for any information besides trying to find out if guys hunted there and had a successful/good hunt. I can't find much info about the unit outside of gohunt and the NM game and fish website. You can PM if you like.

Fitzwho

WKR
I drew the October rifle tag (1 of 2 nonresident tags) as my second choice. Be heading up there in a week or so to get a lay of the land and chase some thunder chickens. Make some notes for places to come back to later this summer to scout.

Anybody think this is a backpack style hunt, or a base camp? Or just be prepared to do either or...