NM Unit 6A Elk Rifle Hunt in 3 weeks

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
Good morning everyone. Well the time is getting closer. The time when I strike out to the elk camp in New Mexico. It will be a rifle hunt and I will be using the same guide that I did several years ago when I participated in an archery hunt. So I come to this website and these forums to ask for ideas, thoughts, considerations, what ifs or man I wish I had this or that moments and all other things in between from experienced hunters and outdoors people. So I have packed about everything and the kitchen sink. I have a long list that I have checked several times but is there something I am missing or perhaps something I never would have thought of that maybe the people here can bring to my attention. Now again this is a guided setup so the outfit will have a lot of the main essentials when dealing with lodging and food, etc. but I still like to be as self sufficient as I can. We will be hunting out of the main camp site so no packing in on horses so I am not being limited to weight restrictions. As mentioned this is a rifle hunt during October. Ok so whatever ideas, thoughts or suggestions you might have just comment below. Thanks I also forgot to mention that I will be driving out. Will take about two days to get there because I don't plan on killing myself trying to drive 18 hours a day. I have the ability to take my time.

cmenard01

FNG
Download your favorite hunting podcasts for the road. It helped me stay motivated this year on my hour drive to Grand Junction. Since your staying in a lodge you prob won't need any type of portable power bank and you have all of the essentials. I hate to say it but make sure you have plenty of hand sanitizer. Gas stations are the worst and the last thing you want is to get sick on the way there.

Most of , have fun and enjoy your time. It's always a great day when you can be out hunting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
thanks and yes this is good info. I will actually be staying in big wall tents and yes I will have gloves and plenty of hand sanitizer. my wife works at a local hospital and is exposed to those patients everyday so we don't play around with sanitizer and masks, etc.