NM weather

4IDARCHER

WKR
I was lucky enough to draw unit 16A first season archery elk this year. I can't wait. I have seen recently that the south west is having some higher than normal temps this early summer. Can anyone from the area tell me how the rain has been or how weather is looking going into the heat of the summer?

mdoolin

FNG
Congrats on the tag. My wife also drew the 16A first archery tag and I drew a 16C first archery tag. We live in southeast new mexico but have already made it over there twice. The first time was back in april and the temps were really mild and the last time was the first weekend in june. The last time we went it dumped rain on us and got really cold up there actually. I also know they had a really good winter up there and the feed was looking really good. We had found a few bulls in our last trip out that were already off to a great start with really good fronts and thirds and already starting to grow out past the 4ths.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. We will be up there most of the season hunting so we also might see ya up there!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm sitting in Albuquerque right now and it has been over 100 degrees the past few days and not gonna cool off til Sunday or Monday. Looks like it could be a hot dry summer ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jwpenn

Lil-Rokslider
Hot and alot of fires throughout the gila but in general it was a good winter. Spotting showers this spring. The monsoons will fire up in the next couple of weeks and things will be good. Antler growth has had a good start.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
4IDARCHER

4IDARCHER

WKR
That is what I am liking to hear! I am super pumped for legit shot at a trophy bull.

jfive613

FNG
It's been too damn hot, but hardly a June goes by that I wouldn't say that. Had enough precip over winter to carry us to this point, but it's definitely drying up. Hopefully we will have a good monsoon. Best of luck with your Gila hunt.

Shaun2390

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag. My wife also drew the 16A first archery tag and I drew a 16C first archery tag. We live in southeast new mexico but have already made it over there twice. The first time was back in april and the temps were really mild and the last time was the first weekend in june. The last time we went it dumped rain on us and got really cold up there actually. I also know they had a really good winter up there and the feed was looking really good. We had found a few bulls in our last trip out that were already off to a great start with really good fronts and thirds and already starting to grow out past the 4ths.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. We will be up there most of the season hunting so we also might see ya up there!
Just curious if you had any advice on 16C as I drew the second archery tag this year. I won’t be able to make it out until just before the hunt starts. Just curious if maybe you had a recommendation on a decent spot to setup camp as I will probably just do day hunts and camp at the truck. Did you have any luck filing your tag the year you went?