No BS Comparison of the Swarovski STC vs the rest of the field.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders!
What makes S&S Archery stand out from the rest of the industry? We test, and test, and test. And then we post honest, REAL reviews and opinions of our findings. Our goal is to get you into the gear that's going to work best for you. Period.

With that said...Here is our no BS comparison between the Swarovski STC, the Kowa 55mm, the ATS 65, Kowa 77 and Kowa 88. We've spent a ton of time with all of these spotting scopes, so we know them pretty well. However, its always best to get them side by side to compare. Let me know what you guys think, Ill try to answer any questions and or comments you have.

JNDEER

WKR
Great job guys! Always love an unbiased review.

Any idea if in fact the ATS of new is made that much better than the ATS of old or could it be a quality control thing? -

Matt G.

WKR
what year production was Marks ATS body and eyepiece?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great review. I’m a big Kowa fan with the micro adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I use my tiny Kowa like Steve does. Glass heavily with the binos, and pull the scope for a more serious look. A barrel focus would drive me crazy bouncing the image all over while trying to attain that super fine view.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great job guys! Always love an unbiased review.

Any idea if in fact the ATS of new is made that much better than the ATS of old or could it be a quality control thing? -
Our understanding is that its performance increase is simply due to improved manufacturing processes. But i also suspect that coatings have improved over time as well.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Probably not what people were wanting to hear, including myself. Wish kowa made their 66 with the premium glass. That would possibly be the “ONE”. I personally think if your going to the 77 might as well go all in on a 80-90+ class spotter.

Probably not what people were wanting to hear, including myself. Wish kowa made their 66 with the premium glass. That would possibly be the “ONE”. I personally think if your going to the 77 might as well go all in on a 80-90+ class spotter.
They'd cannibalize the sales of the 55X and 77X (assumption on my part).