No caribou forum?

I know most folks chase caribou in the tundra which perhaps isn't that appropriate for the "rokslide" community. I sometimes wonder if most hunters are aware that caribou regularly occupy some pretty gnarly mountain country. For meat sheep is second to none but I would be awful proud of a caribou shot in sheep country!

I shot this through my spotter on 60x over the weekend from quite a long ways away. Pretty cool to see the skylined rack up about 4700' on a craggy mountain top.
18ed1838-65eb-b83f.jpg

hodgeman

WKR
I always hunt caribou in the relatively high country. That's where the good ones are in the early season.

Last year on my sheep hunt I had a nice bull follow me around like a curious puppy. Every so often I'd turn around and he'd be there- 75 yards away just watching me. Saw 6 separate double shovel bulls on that trip...in an area closed to caribou unfortunately.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Come on guys there is a forum. We count the little Shiras moose in the Moose hunting forum so they should count our little elk (caribou) in the elk forum. :D

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's next a reindeer forum:)

Well I do sometimes tell people we are having "reindeer sausage" when they come for dinner. I am really serving caribou, but get tired of hearing people complain that they don't like "gamey" meat :) I have yet to hear any complaints about the "reindeer" dogs :)