No dial a scope

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
After reading the last week about the failures of dial turret scopes returning to zero. Would a non-dial Leupold, or similar scope have a high failure rate of holding zero?
I’m starting to think that sticking to MPBR shooting is for me! LOL!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've never had one break, Ive never had an inncacurate kimber rifle either but the internet says it will happen.

I dont dial much at all, I have a few scopes that will but I do 95% of my shooting with set and forget scopes.

I've found the zeiss conquests, Meopta Meopros, Leupold Vx31 and the new zeiss conquest v4 3-12 to hold zero just fine. I have a leupold vx3i 2.5-8 on a 375HH thats been there a few years with quite a bit of use since I like loading the 375HH, it has never lost zero.

Ohh yeah, if your just going to sight in your rifle and maybe move it 1 click every once in awhile to adjust zero. Any VX2 or higher scope will work great.

The ones that are trouble, were failing up 1-2 full revolutions and back every time we go shoot. Once a month or more.

OP
Hunt41

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
I’m confused on the Leupold bashing. My son is an army sniper and they use Leupold scopes. They obviously shoot a lot. He has said they rarely have problems with them.
I wish I could just talk to him. But he is deployed in Iraq, and I can’t talk to him whenever I want.

I’m confused on the Leupold bashing. My son is an army sniper and they use Leupold scopes. They obviously shoot a lot. He has said they rarely have problems with them.
I wish I could just talk to him. But he is deployed in Iraq, and I can’t talk to him whenever I want.

Generally they use the reticle in the military. Or at least used to. When your burning down multiple targets at various unknown ranges it way faster to use the reticle.
Or there using a Mark 5 but if your gonna spend $1800 plus on a scope theres alot of options.
The military is definitely not using any of the VX line.

OP
Hunt41

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
They are using the Mark line of Leupolds.
And snipers dial for distance. They don’t use the reticle.

Big difference in internals in a mark vs a vx.
Only really bad thing I have heard about the mark is there is not alot of 35mm ring options.

I know its had to accept I grew up thinking a VX3 was the tits magee. But alas once I wanted to dail all the time I had to let that ship sail. I may have shed a tear or 2, but nobody was watching. 😭