No Dogs for Deer?

Azone

WKR
I think it's taboo to those who have never been exposed to it. I think we get our ethics mixed up with things we are use to and things we aren't.

I was a little taken back starting this thread, I would have never thought running deer with dogs would be legal in Cali. I will also admit that my thought of what running deer with dogs is, is not deer hunting to me.....

I stopped my thought right there because I was being hypocritical judging that style of hunting, because I have ZERO experience with it, so I shouldn't have a strong opinion one way or another, it's not fair to, and it seems like that would just be me riding a high horse about something I have no experience with.

I have read hunters saying chasing bobs or lions with hounds isn't hunting, or fair chase, or whatever.... that's ignorant, and obviously not the opinion of someone who has done it, truth is, it can be some of the toughest hunting, especially if conditions aren't perfect.... from a non experienced perspective, it probably seems like a slam dunk.

I will assume deer hunting with dogs is the same, not easy, certainly not a slam dunk, and easily shut down with the hard left propaganda.

the idea of running a blacktail down with dogs makes me cringe a bit, but I fully accept that's because i'm naïve to that type of hunting, but all the same, I bet my idea of it isn't anywhere close to the reality of it..... I feel for you guys, because in a hard core liberal state, I don't see this going your way, and another part of the local hunting culture will be chopped down.

I do wish hunters could separate things that they have not been exposed to and ethical, but I see time and time again that just isn't gonna happen, we seem to be our own worst enemies, not sticking together at all, willing to throw each other under the bus for no reason but to minimize opportunity and put a halt to hunting.... it's frustrating we can't have an open mind and support each other.... no hunting style is safe.

there are lots of rifle hunters that think archery is unethical, I have spoke with more than a few..... people are willing to end a style of hunting that isn't their cup of tea, that's all the reason they need.

Good post, and I can agree with just about all of that. I would like to mention to folks I was not trying to come off as a staunch prick that would not listen to the other side, just sick and tired of the bullshit that takes place in this state. What's normal to some, is whacked for others.

Should we be able to trap deer and elk? I mean you can trap coyotes and raccoons so how do you feel about that? What about running bighorn sheep with dogs? Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or we can all stand together as hunters United and fight for our lifestyle instead of letting a bunch of small differences separate us until our only commonality is that we all used to be hunters... 🤷‍♂️