No Draw? No Problem!

So those who haven't or may not draw a tag. Whatcha gonna do now?

This is the first time I've been skunked across the board and now have to use contingency plans across the board.

Whiffed on the NM elk draw. Bought a LO 16E cow rifle in December, and will do OTC CO with the masses in September. If it's brown, it's down.

LO January archery deer. Rut hunt.

August LO rifle 'Lope hunt.

Possible CO draw archery deer. Fingers crossed.

Looking at AZ OTC archery deer December/January

OTC Barbery Sheep rifle

Point being, there are options. Left over tags, fire sales, landowner, OTC tags etc. Hope you guys who didn't draw explore other options and have back up plans. Good luck!

Jardo

WKR
You can by a landowner tag in most units in NM.

I drew an elk and deer tag in NM so I’ll be hunting. I’m also hopeful for WY, UT and Idaho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gonna try to draw a 0 point antelope unit but the aoudad hunts really have my interest for early spring along with the usual whitetail stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robdog20

FNG
I didn’t draw a resident NM elk tag for the 2nd year straight. I’ll be hunting OVC in CO because I don’t have the time to go further. As far as land owner tags. Those can get quite pricey unless you know the owner.

OP
trophyhill
I didn’t draw a resident NM elk tag for the 2nd year straight. I’ll be hunting OVC in CO because I don’t have the time to go further. As far as land owner tags. Those can get quite pricey unless you know the owner.

Yes and no depending on what you're after. I bought the cow rifle tag for less than it will cost my CO OTC ES Archery tag and hi odds of filling my freezer. A bull or ES UW tag on the other hand would likely cost several thousands

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Yes and no depending on what you're after. I bought the cow rifle tag for less than it will cost my CO OTC ES Archery tag and hi odds of filling my freezer. A bull or ES UW tag on the other hand would likely cost several thousands

What trophyhill said! And don't forget, a private LO tag doesn't include the non-resident tag itself from the state, so don't forget that cost in addition to what the LO charges. A bull tag can cost a lot.

Beendare

WKR
You can by a landowner tag in most units in NM.

Yeah, you can....I bought one in a crummy unit in NM in January JIC I didn't draw anything else. It was the only tag I could find. My contact told me; sold out. He sold a couple LO tags in good units like 34 and the Gila for $15,000 each. Its getting expensive.

I wanted a better unit that typically sells for $4k....they were sold out at $5k...in January.

If I draw Wyoming....I will sell my EXCELLENT [grin] NM LO tag off.

_______

Northpark

WKR
Yup whiffed in NM. I’ll get my usual 2 elk tags in CO. Should draw some antelope tags for private land in WY. Probably whiff in NV.

So all in all, should have 2 elk tags, 3 antelope tags, a deer tag and maybe I’ll head to Texas for hogs or exotics. Should be a fun year.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34