no hunting this year

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have drove from northern virginia to southern georgia for 6 or 7 years now to hunt on some public ground, it's like an hour maybe from florida, and great hunting. deer and hog. If we can do it from virginia you can from florida

Only you have the ability to make time to hunt. You may not have the best access but, after hearing the time you have off versus the time I have off, I will say that you do have the opportunity to make something out of what you got. If I could swing 72 hours a week off versus basically only 24, I'd be figuring something out if I wanted to hunt bad enough. It's solely up to you. Good luck and God Bless

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I appreciate the sound advice and all suggestions. I’m going to look into a lease like you guys mentioned and use my time wisely. As soon as the season is over, Ill be ready to make calls and get situated with a lease. I’ll go up on a three day break and set stands and assist with stuff and then drive back. Never really thought it could be done in three days. Time to look into some stands now.
Guys thanks again. Truly appreciate it. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there brother. My partner from last elk season (and fellow FF at my station) cancelled on our elk trip this year because his wife wanted him to go to a wedding instead. She’d seen us plot, plan, train etc for a solid year and he breaks the news to me 48hrs before departure. Talk about a shaft from a close buddy! I️ won’t ever plan another long distance elk hunting trip with anyone. Period. Especially where I️ rely on said partner for part of the trip needs or agenda. I’ll be going solo if I have to but I️ will go every year I’m able.

Luckily for me a few fellow Roksliders took me in and met me in CO for a hunt. Great morale boost and testament to the solid guys and gals we have here in the forum. Can’t thank those guys enough because the let down of my partner could’ve ruined my season.

Sounds like you have lots of options and just need to get over this initial slump and get a new plan together. You’re a FF, get resourceful and make it happen.

Broomd

WKR
Grew up with virtually nowhere to hunt and no time to do it. I made the most of wooded city lots before work for small bucks for the freezer.

Now......It's a ten minute walk from the easy chair to our back tree stand for deer, elk and turkey.
This posting reminded me of the need to be thankful for our blessings.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Hang in there brother. My partner from last elk season (and fellow FF at my station) cancelled on our elk trip this year because his wife wanted him to go to a wedding instead. She’d seen us plot, plan, train etc for a solid year and he breaks the news to me 48hrs before departure. Talk about a shaft from a close buddy! I️ won’t ever plan another long distance elk hunting trip with anyone. Period. Especially where I️ rely on said partner for part of the trip needs or agenda. I’ll be going solo if I have to but I️ will go every year I’m able.

Luckily for me a few fellow Roksliders took me in and met me in CO for a hunt. Great morale boost and testament to the solid guys and gals we have here in the forum. Can’t thank those guys enough because the let down of my partner could’ve ruined my season.

Sounds like you have lots of options and just need to get over this initial slump and get a new plan together. You’re a FF, get resourceful and make it happen.
Wow. Sounds like they either have some serious communication issues or his wife is a major b**ch. Inexcusable.