No one is drawing in CA

I know my State receives a lot of hate from the other western States. I know it’s not because of the wildlife and public land. There’s tons of great stuff here. But we the hunting public in the Republic of CA share space with a shit load of crazies. That being said the draw is out and I can’t help but think the activist government people have seriously lowered tag allocation. I was lucky enough to draw this year. Nothing special, just and archery tag in a general zone. But I seem to be a rare bird this year. I’ve asked 11 people what they drew, and all of them didnt draw anything. Any other CA hunters noticing the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
We booked 2 bull hunters and 1 cow hunter for Siskiyou zone. Lots of people an not a lot of tags 👎🏻

WKR

WKR
None of my buddies drew anything, I drew my 2nd choice C zone rifle tag. Still waiting on Idaho draw results. I really want that elk tag this fall.

JRMiller

WKR
I know my State receives a lot of hate from the other western States. I know it’s not because of the wildlife and public land. There’s tons of great stuff here. But we the hunting public in the Republic of CA share space with a shit load of crazies. That being said the draw is out and I can’t help but think the activist government people have seriously lowered tag allocation. I was lucky enough to draw this year. Nothing special, just and archery tag in a general zone. But I seem to be a rare bird this year. I’ve asked 11 people what they drew, and all of them didnt draw anything. Any other CA hunters noticing the same thing?

I know what you mean, thats why i gave up after 13 years as a resident and never getting anything even close to half decent.
p.s., in case you didnt know, the state sees tags as a cash cow and nothing else

OP
bguitierez
I know what you mean, thats why i gave up after 13 years as a resident and never getting anything even close to half decent.
p.s., in case you didnt know, the state sees tags as a cash cow and nothing else

Well it makes sense. Pretty easy to take peoples money and blame no draw on randomness or algorithms.

OP
bguitierez
Thanks man, how did you do last year? I remember messaging you about you trying out the D zones and me trying the C's.

That’s right. Did you get your buck? As for the D zone .... holy crap there’s more hippies in the hills than deer or bears. Haha. Scouted real hard for a few weekends. Honestly bro, felt like I was all thumbs. I’m not used to dog hair thick country. Saw some promising country around onion summit. But everything else was basically vertical and zero visibility. I was reduced to driving dirt roads hoping to cut tracks to find areas. Sadly never cut enough tracks to to investigate. Looks like ambush hunting in a stand or a ground blind would be optimal. It’s been bugging me though. There was some high country outside of graeagle that I wanted to hike in and look at. But again it was chucked full of subarus. One of these days I’ll figure it out. I want to be able to find a method that works so I can hunt 2 tags. But this year I’m taking a new bow hunter in the C zone.

WKR

WKR
That’s right. Did you get your buck? As for the D zone .... holy crap there’s more hippies in the hills than deer or bears. Haha. Scouted real hard for a few weekends. Honestly bro, felt like I was all thumbs. I’m not used to dog hair thick country. Saw some promising country around onion summit. But everything else was basically vertical and zero visibility. I was reduced to driving dirt roads hoping to cut tracks to find areas. Sadly never cut enough tracks to to investigate. Looks like ambush hunting in a stand or a ground blind would be optimal. It’s been bugging me though. There was some high country outside of graeagle that I wanted to hike in and look at. But again it was chucked full of subarus. One of these days I’ll figure it out. I want to be able to find a method that works so I can hunt 2 tags. But this year I’m taking a new bow hunter in the C zone.

I ended up taking a small meat buck with my bow. Blew it on the big one opening day, but I'll be back in that same area with a rifle this year.
There is some big bucks up there around greaeagle. But I'm 99% sure they are resident deer and they live most there life on private.
You never ventured down into D4 or D5 huh? I'll be out there for archery more than likely.

OP
bguitierez
I ended up taking a small meat buck with my bow. Blew it on the big one opening day, but I'll be back in that same area with a rifle this year.
There is some big bucks up there around greaeagle. But I'm 99% sure they are resident deer and they live most there life on private.
You never ventured down into D4 or D5 huh? I'll be out there for archery more than likely.

I didn’t get down there. Hit D3 pretty hard. Maybe we will cross paths out there some day dude. I remember your story about the buck last year. Man I knew exactly what you were going through! That was in the C3. There’s some good deer out there.

WKR

WKR
I didn’t get down there. Hit D3 pretty hard. Maybe we will cross paths out there some day dude. I remember your story about the buck last year. Man I knew exactly what you were going through! That was in the C3. There’s some good deer out there.

Yes sir
Yup still haunts me some nights thinking bout that buck haha!
Have fun out there these year my friend
You will pull that X zone tag next year bro

JakeSCH

WKR
I know a lot of guys missed out on X9A with 6 points and I got to add to my points as well. I’ll be chasing the forkies of D16 again after my Colorado trips.

OP
bguitierez
Yes sir
Yup still haunts me some nights thinking bout that buck haha!
Have fun out there these year my friend
You will pull that X zone tag next year bro

Yeah I bet dude. I remember how close you described getting to him. Manzanita sucks dude! It was the manzanita that got in the way right? Good luck to you too man.

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I was going to be able to draw an easier X zone archery, it used to be 100 percent with how many points I had and didn't get it. I already had set up cameras that was a kick in the pants. 😂

OP
bguitierez
I thought I was going to be able to draw an easier X zone archery, it used to be 100 percent with how many points I had and didn't get it. I already had set up cameras that was a kick in the pants.

Shit me too. I usually draw x4 archery with 3 points.....not this year. At least I drew though.