No one is drawing in CA

Block

WKR
Iā€™m almost starting to think there is something to putting in LATE... like ur name is on the top of the ā€œhatā€ even tho itā€™s supposedly computer generated?

My friends son (17 first year hunting) drew the ONLY tag,, for Mt Whitney rifle bull elk this year.. AND a deer tag that usually takes 3 points... he literally finished hunters Ed online a few hours b4 the deadline...

There was 2 hunters on my GFs G6 hunt last year (took her 13 points to draw) who were first year hunters that barely finished their hunters Ed and put in just days b4 the draw..

Dswartz

FNG
My dad and uncles drew X2, we used to draw that tag every five years, this time it took nine years, what everyone needs to realize is your drawing system is young , so now people have lots of preference points so the preference points section of the draw is going to take longer to draw, prey for random and also look in the regulations it will tell you how many points it took to draw a specific tag the year before, do your homework, and plan accordingly. best of luck next year, I left CA with preference points for elk, sheep, and deer. now I buy those over the counter and cheaper than California :p:p

akrem44

FNG
I drew a X9c tag which i am stoked about. Heard of some giants coming out of this zone which i am excited to see

Giddy

FNG
A couple guys I know drew X3b I have yet to draw anything and have always settled for b zone blacktail tags.

I drew the A16 tag with 5 points. We will see how it goes, also had two friends draw X9a that put in as a party and averaged 7.5 points between them
Would you suggest any areas? I got drawn and been scouting above the airport and below Bald Mountain. Not much luck. Its A16, so archery. Figured it be hard to stalk them in the flats.

kidd2_05

FNG
Lots of people putting in for X zones they know nothing about just because they saw a local sporting goods store post one decent deer taken from the zone.

Drew A1, points for everything else.......... All the spots I planned on hunting are either closed or burnt..........

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
I know my State receives a lot of hate from the other western States. I know itā€™s not because of the wildlife and public land. Thereā€™s tons of great stuff here. But we the hunting public in the Republic of CA share space with a shit load of crazies. That being said the draw is out and I canā€™t help but think the activist government people have seriously lowered tag allocation. I was lucky enough to draw this year. Nothing special, just and archery tag in a general zone. But I seem to be a rare bird this year. Iā€™ve asked 11 people what they drew, and all of them didnt draw anything. Any other CA hunters noticing the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly think they need to up the antler to take so that more bucks are around mating every year. Numbers are dropping, slowly.