No one is drawing in CA

WKR

WKR
Yeah I bet dude. I remember how close you described getting to him. Manzanita sucks dude! It was the manzanita that got in the way right? Good luck to you too man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah then got busted by the little buck I didn't see next to the big guy.

I know a lot of guys missed out on X9A with 6 points and I got to add to my points as well. I’ll be chasing the forkies of D16 again after my Colorado trips.
We prob know the same people who didn't draw with at least 6 points. Is the point creep getting that bad in CA? Being a new hunter that started late in life I might need to pick a zone I can draw sooner than X9a

My brother in law, niece and myself drew x6b with 5 points averaged between us. I hunted it a few years ago and found some great bucks. Should be a fun hunt. I know another guy who drew x3b with just a couple points and his son drew with none.

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
We prob know the same people who didn't draw with at least 6 points. Is the point creep getting that bad in CA? Being a new hunter that started late in life I might need to pick a zone I can draw sooner than X9a

Between 2016 and 2017 they drastically reduced the tag quota, a lot of guys probably didn't pay attention that. There are probably the same amount of people trying to draw less than half the tags that used to be available.

I wouldn't necessarily call it point creep, but reducing the tags is going to make it a lot tougher to draw.

OP
bguitierez
My brother in law, niece and myself drew x6b with 5 points averaged between us. I hunted it a few years ago and found some great bucks. Should be a fun hunt. I know another guy who drew x3b with just a couple points and his son drew with none.

You’ll be hunting in my neck of the woods. There are very nice deer for sure. Good luck bud!

530Chukar

WKR
Our group drew x1 again and it seems like everyone I’ve talked to has drawn x2, x3b or x5a. Haven’t heard anyone getting elk or antelope yet.

OP
bguitierez
Our group drew x1 again and it seems like everyone I’ve talked to has drawn x2, x3b or x5a. Haven’t heard anyone getting elk or antelope yet.

Dang that’s pretty sweet. There’s a local rumor (where I’m from surrounded by x zones) that only so cal and valley people draw the x zones around us. Haha. Gotta love the local lore.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
They allowed people to get their hunters safety course complete online only, because of covid 19. I wonder how many new hunters that brought in, and did that change things up.

It IS odd though, my personal circle no one drew a premium tag.

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
I drew X3B this year, previous draw odds were accurate to the points I had.

I think the conspiracy theory that the draw is fixed, is just that, a conspiracy theory 🤣

Others opinions may vary.

choovhntr

WKR
Our group had an average of 8.33 points and missed x2. Shoulda had 100% odds according to last year and taking into account point creep. I guess not.

Jonny360

FNG
My neighbor didn't get a tag, I got lucky and got one with no points. I'm new to deer hunting this year so this is all a learning experience for me. I do wonder how many out of state people eat up our quota as well? Its too bad that california has a set quota shared by in and out of state people, and our neighbors in nevada are super strict on out of state tags. I wish I could actually get a chance to hunt nevada, but 2 tag quota for non residents per zone is pretty unlikely to ever draw.

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Our group had an average of 8.33 points and missed x2. Shoulda had 100% odds according to last year and taking into account point creep. I guess not.
That's a bummer! Gohunt put X2 at 8.5 as the minimum last year. I was hoping to draw it this year too but it's been suffering from a bit of point creep the last few years. I didn't draw it either. Hope you get it next year!
Have you drawn it before?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

choovhntr

WKR
That's a bummer! Gohunt put X2 at 8.5 as the minimum last year. I was hoping to draw it this year too but it's been suffering from a bit of point creep the last few years. I didn't draw it either. Hope you get it next year!
Have you drawn it before?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

No never. I actually put in our points in go hunt and it said 100%. I even went as far as seeing past years applicants, how many were left with our same number, etc etc and all the data showed we would get drawn. I guess more people put in for the zone this year that didn’t last year, or they cut tag numbers. Will be interesting to see. I love go hunt for a lot of things, but it isn’t the holy grail for real time statistics. They only know what we all do, which is based off the year past. Needless to say, it is what it is but I’m super bummed!

Scooter37

FNG
I would think that when go hunt says the odds to draw a hunt are high that that will drastically reduce the odds as more people will gravitate towards that tag. It’s pretty easy to search for tags with good draw odds which will most likely make those odds much worse next year.

do many people from out of state actually come to California to hunt? I guess they might but I figured the hunting was so much better in other states I couldn’t even imagine why someone would bother with a non resident CA tag unless they had already accumulated points before they got smart and moved elsewhere.

all that being said we drew our tags.....

gexpro

WKR
i drew X3B this year, but i will also be hunting my usual D3-5 as well before X3B opens. Good luck this year. Remember, what you put in is what you get out! Hunt hard and be safe brother!