No one is drawing in CA

Swayze

FNG
In an ideal world, the state would be able to manage proactively and we'd have enough game for everyone to where there'd be no concerns about overhunting an area. Since that's not the case, if someone, including you or I, can't make a hunt, the game population and your fellow hunters are the ones to benefit.

Agreed

Marble

WKR
I know 3 people who’ve drawn the Marble Bull tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a bad ass tag right there. I've called in 3 bulls for guys there. One was a raggy 6, the others were big 6s...

One Roosie we killed we got 580 pounds of meat off of it. That's twice a normal rocky mt bull.

brn2hnt

WKR
That's a bad ass tag right there. I've called in 3 bulls for guys there. One was a raggy 6, the others were big 6s...

One Roosie we killed we got 580 pounds of meat off of it. That's twice a normal rocky mt bull.

I’ve seen bulls in there that would flirt with Rocky B&C, let alone Rosie

Marble

WKR
I’ve seen bulls in there that would flirt with Rocky B&C, let alone Rosie

Yes for sure! I have seen a few taken that were insanely large. Big mass and devil horns on lots of them.

I drew X3B this year, previous draw odds were accurate to the points I had.

I think the conspiracy theory that the draw is fixed, is just that, a conspiracy theory 🤣

Others opinions may vary.
Hey Chad, I drew X3B as well this year. I only had 7 preference points. Don’t know if that’s normal or not.

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Chad, I drew X3B as well this year. I only had 7 preference points. Don’t know if that’s normal or not.

I drew with 3 points. Looking at most years that’s been about the average. I’ve hunted it twice before.
Based on previous years 7 points would be a guarantee.

I like the idea of being able to hunt a zone more frequently than waiting 10+ years. I think most x zones have the potential for good deer. Obviously some more than others, but I’m impatient and love to hunt. I’d rather hunt X3B every 3-4 years and get familiar with it instead of waiting a long time to draw a certain tag.

I don’t think that strategy is wrong, just not for me.

cmeyer733

FNG
I drew X9A in '18 with 5 points, two people I know didn't draw it with 5 points. Last year one of them drew and the other didn't. This year the last guy drew it with 7. I moved to NV 2 months ago but, I would probably opt for X9B or C instead of waiting 7+ years for A if I was still in CA. I have my doubts they will ever restore the tags back to the pre '16 levels in X9A or X12 again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I used my 8 pts to draw 9a this year. Thought I wasted a few years of points, but after reading through some comments, maybe not... Tougher to draw with less tags, but hopefully a higher quality hunt!

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
Drew X9C. Went last year with my father in law but he was unsuccessful. Made some mistakes but did see a ton of does. Saw 3 bucks the night before opening day but they slipped away by morning.

Looking forward to it this year!

zorkieo

FNG
I drew an antlerless that that usually goes to people with a point which I had. Will be interesting to see the draw stats when they come out

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
I drew G1 tag of 2 points, but I'm the only one out of anyone else in my friend and family group that drew.

That being said, anyone got some advice on it? I applied for the wildlife area.

I drew the A16 tag with 5 points. We will see how it goes, also had two friends draw X9a that put in as a party and averaged 7.5 points between them

I drew a D14 with zero points, but then again there's usually some OTC leftover tags for this zone every year. I just started hunting Cali last year and decided to try the draw system this year.

Rumor has it PETA has been buying up tags and buying points for the last few years

That’s right. Did you get your buck? As for the D zone .... holy crap there’s more hippies in the hills than deer or bears. Haha. Scouted real hard for a few weekends. Honestly bro, felt like I was all thumbs. I’m not used to dog hair thick country. Saw some promising country around onion summit. But everything else was basically vertical and zero visibility. I was reduced to driving dirt roads hoping to cut tracks to find areas. Sadly never cut enough tracks to to investigate. Looks like ambush hunting in a stand or a ground blind would be optimal. It’s been bugging me though. There was some high country outside of graeagle that I wanted to hike in and look at. But again it was chucked full of subarus. One of these days I’ll figure it out. I want to be able to find a method that works so I can hunt 2 tags. But this year I’m taking a new bow hunter in the C zone.

There are a few burns in various D zones that may prove decent this year.... beating the crowds on the other hand is almost impossible - bests bet would be to get behind them in the backcountry before Opener and let the masses push animals towards you