No refund if 23 changes to no nonresidents

This is why I pay via charge card, I can submit a chargeback request and get every dime back in a day. The card issuers will take one look, see their customer did nothing wrong and is getting screwed...end of argument. They side with their card holder 95+% of the time.

AkRyan

WKR
As a Alaskan I ask you to please share the info of any outfitter that won't refund if you pay in full. Deposits are just that and they shouldn't be expected to return them. Have to keep in mind it costs lots of money for them to get camp setup and have guides brought in. They can't tell there guides "sorry guys you aren't getting payed this year" when the guides have left there lives and families behind to go make money.

AkRyan

WKR
This is why I pay via charge card, I can submit a chargeback request and get every dime back in a day. The card issuers will take one look, see their customer did nothing wrong and is getting screwed...end of argument. They side with their card holder 95+% of the time.
This is 100% incorrect. If the outfitter or guide has a no refund policy in print your simply screwed. This only worked 20yrs ago

As a Alaskan I ask you to please share the info of any outfitter that won't refund if you pay in full. Deposits are just that and they shouldn't be expected to return them. Have to keep in mind it costs lots of money for them to get camp setup and have guides brought in. They can't tell there guides "sorry guys you aren't getting payed this year" when the guides have left there lives and families behind to go make money.
I don't know who the OP talked to, but my take is this post is in reference to transporters. No guides and no camps provided. They told me I could ask for my deposit back from the subsistence board. I said put me on the books and sent my check.

This thread is even parts people who understand the issues and risks at hand and people who are throwing in their two cents who don't have a handle on the options.

This is 100% incorrect. If the outfitter or guide has a no refund policy in print your simply screwed. This only worked 20yrs ago

If you knew you knew nothing about such CC transactions, that would be something. A no refund policy doesn't mean squat if the contract is deemed in breach which is exactly the case here. The hunter cannot hunt the species contracted, therefore he has no obligation to pay anything because he is not responsible for the breach. Neither is the outfitter but the merchant account contract leans heavily in the cardholder's favor. If you had a merchant acct you'd know this. I have two now and have had several over the past 40 years. A merchant cannot keep money if they are unable to fulfil the contract for almost ANY REASON. Invariably it is the business that takes the hit in a chargeback of this type, not the consumer.

donttalkshit.jpg

Last edited:

AkRyan

WKR
If you knew you knew nothing about such CC transactions, that would be something. A no refund policy doesn't mean squat if the contract is deemed in breach which is exactly the case here. The hunter cannot hunt the species contracted, therefore he has no obligation to pay anything because he is not responsible for the breach. Neither is the outfitter but the merchant account contract leans heavily in the cardholder's favor. If you had a merchant acct you'd know this. I have two now and have had several over the past 40 years. A merchant cannot keep money if they are unable to fulfil the contract for almost ANY REASON. Invariably it is the business that takes the hit in a chargeback of this type, not the consumer.

View attachment 311491
Ok bub do you then lol not my money

Aubs8

FNG
So me and my crew just purchased trip insurance for next years hunt in case the they try and succeed to shut the units down again. I think it was something like 260, covers multiple contingencies and regulation changes roughly 7% to guarantee not fitting with an outfitter/bush pilot.

Honestly, I’m not particularly worried about next year. I think after what i heard listening to the meeting if they want a serious shot of shutting down the units to caribou they are gonna have to have multiple years data to show a clear trend, which they currently do not have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
This attempt at closing hunting areas to out-of-area hunters is not new. The idea resurfaces in a different area nearly every year and usually has the support of our Senator Murkowski.

All of this was to be solved forty years ago with passage of ANILCA......native land claims settlement act.

How old are you? My guess early 20's

Apparent reading comprehension disability.

2601104-poor-readers-education-adult-education-school-study-photocase-stock-photo-large.jpeg