no response from Antero Llamas out of Salida CO

njdoxie

WKR
Does anyone know anything about them? They rent llamas. Their website seems up to date, but I've called them 7 or 8 times over the last 3 months, left messages twice, emailed them, still haven't heard from them.

I would like to use them next year for CO 2nd rfile, as they're very close to where I'll be hunting, so I want to get them on the phone to discuss, but so far have had no luck.

Concerns me a little, because if I do end up renting llamas from them, and have issues while in the field, I'd like to be able to reach them immediately by cell phone, as I have good coverage where I hunt, and that's looking dicey.

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
try corralcreekllamas.com
they are in colorado we rented from a them couple times and they are
great people to rent from and the llamas where great
Paul

OP
N

njdoxie

WKR
try corralcreekllamas.com
they are in colorado we rented from a them couple times and they are
great people to rent from and the llamas where great
Paul

Thanks for that info, I'm looking at orralcreekllamas.com which is 1.75 hours out of my way and an additional 4 hour drive from where I hunt, and there's an outfit near Denver which isn't out of my way, but is a 4 hour drive from where I hunt, was hoping to rent some very close to where I hunt to minimize hauling the llamas long distance.

squirrel

WKR
As you are finding out all the quantity of llamas are along the front range, while all the hunting is on the west slope, not an easy circle to square up. My buddy rents out of Strasburg about 12 miles one way from I-70, but you will still have a long trailering adventure. And if anything goes wrong it is a nightmare, just the way it is. I'm surprised Antero has blown you off like that, my feedback from their renters is always consistent. PM if you want the Strasburg #.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used Antero 2 years ago and they were just fine, offseason there was some lag in communication but near the season they were on top of responses. The calls w/o messages in the offseason I wouldn't chalk up much, its a part time business and there are lots of spam calls these days. The 2 messages and the email depending on how long ago are the ones I'd wonder about. Do you have facebook? Maybe shoot a message on there Security Check Required The wife just posted 2 days ago, we dealt with her for training and dropping the llamas back off, I think she's around the property more tending to the animals.

adrock456

FNG
I used Antero last season and didn't have a problem. A friend set it all up and picked them up but I do not recall any communication issues and the llamas worked great

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
I have used LLamas Colorado multiple years. The owner John is a great guy, an avid elk hunter, and very well trained and strong llamas. He and the llamas are based just on the southern edge of Denver in the DTC, believe it or not. I highly recommend him, I'd call asap because I know he gets all his packers booked every year. Good luck!

OP
N

njdoxie

WKR
I have used LLamas Colorado multiple years. The owner John is a great guy, an avid elk hunter, and very well trained and strong llamas. He and the llamas are based just on the southern edge of Denver in the DTC, believe it or not. I highly recommend him, I'd call asap because I know he gets all his packers booked every year. Good luck!

Yeah, I booked Llamas Colorado in late Jan for 2nd rifle. I’m renting his truck and stock rack too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hoshour

FNG
Yeah, I booked Llamas Colorado in late Jan for 2nd rifle. I’m renting his truck and stock rack too.

You're not by chance hunting unit 35 are you? I'm looking for someone to split the cost of llamas 2nd season. If you're interested, PM me.

OP
N

njdoxie

WKR
You're not by chance hunting unit 35 are you? I'm looking for someone to split the cost of llamas 2nd season. If you're interested, PM me.

Nope, sorry.