No shot on this guy

OP
IdahoElk

IdahoElk

WKR
i know I saw about 1:30 worth of time to shoot!!
But seriously that is an incredible buck I love the double throat patch

I hear you! That's a 20x zoom on my camera and my rifle is a 2-8x and was set on 4 in all the excitement,all I could see through my scope was his neck and head,for some reason at the time I felt it was too risky? I also need to practice a lot more on the range,I get that. Hunting with a recurve for 30yrs makes you think everything is too far,ha!

This guy was in a isolated basin and he has friends just as impressive,I'll do better next time!

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I hear you! That's a 20x zoom on my camera and my rifle is a 2-8x and was set on 4 in all the excitement,all I could see through my scope was his neck and head,for some reason at the time I felt it was too risky? I also need to practice a lot more on the range,I get that. Hunting with a recurve for 30yrs makes you think everything is too far,ha!

This guy was in a isolated basin and he has friends just as impressive,I'll do better next time!

how far away was he?

man I hope you get him id love to see up close pics!! Goodluck go back and get him!!!

That’s a stud! Big eyeguards, deep back forks with matching kickers and solid fronts. Gotta be close to 190 for sure.
Hope you get another chance at him soon. He’s a shooter no doubt.

Last edited:
Score? That buck would score a spot on my wall! What a stud.
Good job on holding off on the shot if not comfortable. Not sure how far but he looked far. Did you range him? Nothing but a neck shot is risky at best. Esp at distance.
But this is the slide and everyone can shoot the ass off a gnat at 800 yds in a 25mph cross wind.