No shot on this guy

Fatcamp

WKR
Due to work I won't be able to get back in to this spot for at least a week which is ok,the closer you get to the rut the better the chance to find the big guys in daylight.

Have you been spending time at the range? Or at least with snap caps and deploying a bipod?

These are the types of situations that haunt our dreams. "If only I had......."

OP
IdahoElk

IdahoElk

WKR
Have you been spending time at the range? Or at least with snap caps and deploying a bipod?

These are the types of situations that haunt our dreams. "If only I had......."

I've been at the range a lot lately after work shooting great with a new scope out to 200yrds. I'm not going to be haunted as I feel blessed to see my pre season scouting pay off. Thanks for the snap cap idea.

I've been at the range a lot lately after work shooting great with a new scope out to 200yrds. I'm not going to be haunted as I feel blessed to see my pre season scouting pay off. Thanks for the snap cap idea.
Man, I REALLY hope you get him! I've been enamored by that buck ever since you started this thread. So cool!

Fatcamp

WKR

You bet. Practicing deploying bipod legs or getting a pack off, round in the chamber, sight picture, squeeze. All that stuff can be practiced at home and really pays dividends when under pressure.

Good luck, hope you find him. Just seeing a buck that nice is a win for sure.

kabarNC

FNG
I would highly suggest getting into some type of precision rifle competitions. Your confidence will skyrocket, and your ethical kill shots will go from 100yds to 500yds in one year.

jsb

FNG
Using Google Earth I was able to locate that basin and I'm headed there right now. Sorry bud.

Seriously though cool video. You will always be able to look at that magnificent deer and recall the experience.

hobbes

WKR
Dangit man! That's a sweet buck. Heck if a beautiful cape too. Hope you get another chance at him.

Nothing wrong with not shooting. I've second guessed the decision not to shoot several times with bow and gun. It's always easy to play the armchair quarterback position.

HookUp

WKR
Love the video! I now feel awful for not buying an Idaho deer tag, everyone has been saying all the Idaho bucks are dead!

That is a GIANT buck!!!! This type of buck haunts my dreams!! Too bad you didn’t close the deal, but good job knowing your limits

OP
IdahoElk

IdahoElk

WKR
welllll…. did you get out to look for him again?

Yes I did,due to work and bad weather I had to wait 10 days to go back.
Hiked in not seeing a single human track in week old snow to say I was excited is an understatement!
Anyway once closer to the basin where this guy and others hung out I started to see mature buck tracks wandering all over the place most likely looking for Does, the basin only contained a few does and a small 4pt this time,I have a feeling this particular area holds deer until the first good snow and then they start to move out,next year I'll hunt it hard the first two weeks instead of waiting later like this year.
Did see this though at first light.