No shot on this guy

That is a tremendous buck. Good on you for passing the shot and good luck to you on finding him again and closing the deal.

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
That buck is a stud! I'm not a great resource for scoring - but I'll throw one out. 185? You made the right decision to wait on a shot. I commend you on that! Hopefully we'll see another picture of it later with you holding it!

Gumbo

WKR
Good job passing a shot you weren't comfortable with, I wish I had more restraint. Like others said, that deer would have a hole in it if it was as close as it appears.

He's a beast, the backs, mass, brows, and kickers make him a shooter for me any day! But he isn't built to score exceptionally well because of the short main beams and narrow inside spread. That said I'd bet he'd still gross 185-190ish.

FLAK

WKR
I would have sent 200 grains of Nosler Partition his way from a 300WM. Base of the neck/shoulder.
Helluva deer right there.

DeepForks

FNG
That's an awesome buck. Matching kickers with that double throat patch.
I hope you find him or one of his buddies. Good luck!

Looks like that buck was 100 yds? Did you even range it or still going “instinctive”? Very nice buck. Crabby fronts will hurt the score but double kickers easily makes up for it. I’d guess 185+ gross as well.

OP
IdahoElk

IdahoElk

WKR
Looks like that buck was 100 yds? Did you even range it or still going “instinctive”? Very nice buck. Crabby fronts will hurt the score but double kickers easily makes up for it. I’d guess 185+ gross as well.

Just bought a range finder and going to the range now to shoot longer than the 100yrds I practice at. I estimated him to be 150yrds.

tntrker

WKR
Beautiful Buck!! Good for you for not rushing a shot you were not comfortable with!! Hope to see you with him again on here soon!!

ianpadron

WKR
150 yds?! Oh man!

Kudos for knowing your limits I guess but holy cow he was CLOSE

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

TripleJ

WKR
Gorgeous buck, hope you get another crack at him at a range you're comfortable with. I would have been shooting at that range, but a guy has to know his limits; kudos to you for practicing restraint.