No shot on this guy

BH107

FNG
Super cool deer, and a shooter for sure. Love the extras too!

As for score, the really weak main beams would hurt pretty bad.

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Opportunities for deer of that caliper don't come around often, and when they do, they often quick and not perfect setups - I would have taken the shot. Thanks for sharing and hope you get another chance at him.

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
Love the kickers...

Good on ‘ya for not taking a shot you weren’t ready for. Experiences like that are why we try to “eliminate errors” as much as possible....lol

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
He definitely knew something was up

I hope you get another chance. Take a bipod, etc and maybe go back to the range and get dialed in with a higher power scope, like something in the 12-14 range to get your confidence up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kiddogy

WKR
I hear you! That's a 20x zoom on my camera and my rifle is a 2-8x and was set on 4 in all the excitement,all I could see through my scope was his neck and head,for some reason at the time I felt it was too risky? I also need to practice a lot more on the range,I get that. Hunting with a recurve for 30yrs makes you think everything is too far,ha!

This guy was in a isolated basin and he has friends just as impressive,I'll do better next time!
if you doubted your ability ,you made the correct choice. my hats off to you sir!
now get back out there and git-r-dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiddogy

WKR
I hear you! That's a 20x zoom on my camera and my rifle is a 2-8x and was set on 4 in all the excitement,all I could see through my scope was his neck and head,for some reason at the time I felt it was too risky? I also need to practice a lot more on the range,I get that. Hunting with a recurve for 30yrs makes you think everything is too far,ha!

This guy was in a isolated basin and he has friends just as impressive,I'll do better next time!
where exactly is this basin?:rolleyes:;)😁

Due to work I won't be able to get back in to this spot for at least a week which is ok,the closer you get to the rut the better the chance to find the big guys in daylight.
Right on man! I sure hope you find him, he really is one gorgeous buck. All the luck to you sir.

Today was the opener of Deer in my neck of Idaho. 5 miles in 1500' up and 7 degree temps but it was worth it!
Didn't feel good about trying a shot so I'll go back to look for him another day.
What would this guy score?

Wish that was in the unit I was asking about haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ID_MW

FNG
Due to work I won't be able to get back in to this spot for at least a week which is ok,the closer you get to the rut the better the chance to find the big guys in daylight.
Good luck, man.

Sounds like you prefer stalking over shooting, so more respect to you.