NoBull footwear

Would you recommend or not?

• Total voters

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyones thoughts on the NoBull footwear?
If you have owned a pair, which ones?
- runner vs trainer
- mesh vs ripstop / canvas vs regular fabric
What do you like and dislike about them?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got a pair for my wife who does a lot of CrossFit type workouts on her own, lots of hit, rope climbs, jumps, double unders etc etc.

She needed a new pair of shoes and couldn’t decide (we had to order) but we settled on the no bull trainer for here.

While I don’t think they are bad, they just seem like a CrossFit startup company type shoe, they seem heavy, don’t breath as well as a synthetic training shoe and the sole seems a bit soft for strength training. They don’t suck but had she been able to try them on first, she wouldn’t have bought them. They are just sort of a hipster cross trainer.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just browsed through their website after writing my first reply and it really strikes me that they are more focused on making shoes in as many different colors as possible rather than using any technology towards making a great workout shoe.

So my original thoughts are even stronger now, they make shoes to match all the fancy CrossFit outfits and that’s about it. When I’ve been in CrossFit gyms I always think those people spend more time buying new workout clothes and getting ready for the gym than they actually spend in the gym.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I just browsed through their website after writing my first reply and it really strikes me that they are more focused on making shoes in as many different colors as possible rather than using any technology towards making a great workout shoe.

So my original thoughts are even stronger now, they make shoes to match all the fancy CrossFit outfits and that’s about it. When I’ve been in CrossFit gyms I always think those people spend more time buying new workout clothes and getting ready for the gym than they actually spend in the gym.
I kind of feel the same way. Thanks for the input.

Their trainers are solid. My entire family runs them and my dad does an extensive amount of CrossFit training/competing. Typically we are very hard on shoes and need new ones within 8/10 weeks and I’ve been running two different pairs of trainers for over a year now.
I have a pair of their running shoes as well and they don’t seem like anything special to me.

I have had a pair of trainers for little over a year..I do crossfit 5 days a week they have held up really. Thinking yesterday about ready for new pair..I shredded a pair of another brand shoes made for the same purpose in about 3 months before these..I did have to have insoles for my high arches, but I have to do that for most of my shoes/boots.
There are way better running shoes on the market.

Will_m

WKR
Their trainers are solid. My entire family runs them and my dad does an extensive amount of CrossFit training/competing. Typically we are very hard on shoes and need new ones within 8/10 weeks and I’ve been running two different pairs of trainers for over a year now.
I have a pair of their running shoes as well and they don’t seem like anything special to me.
How can you go through a pair of shoes in two months?

I recently was deciding between NoBull or Reebok NanoX. Since I couldn't try on the NoBulls before buying, I used Amazon Wardrobe to order a couple sizes of Nanos. Really liked the fit (wide toe box), so stuck with them. Been using them a month and love them. Just another option to consider.

FlyGuy

WKR
I do Xfit 6 days a week, often two sessions/day. I have a pair of nobull and rebok that I alternate. The Nobull shoe was better than I expected, but I don’t like them for runs. A little too “bendy” in the front and very little cushion, but great for barbell days. They are also way more stylish and cool looking. But if I had to choose one shoe it would be the rebok nano.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Cody_W

WKR
I’ve had a pair of the hi top trainers for ~2 years. Still look nearly new, but only used for squat and deadlift shoes. Other shoes fit the bill better, but if there is one thing I can give them it’s their durability.

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
I do Xfit 6 days a week, often two sessions/day. I have a pair of nobull and rebok that I alternate. The Nobull shoe was better than I expected, but I don’t like them for runs. A little too “bendy” in the front and very little cushion, but great for barbell days. They are also way more stylish and cool looking. But if I had to choose one shoe it would be the rebok nano.

You can’t cheat the mountain
I like the reebok nano. Took me a little to get rid of the feel of them but I run/lift/hike in them. When I was shopping, the reebok nano was substantially cheaper than no bull, if color isn't critical to you.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been using Reebok nanos for CrossFit for ~ 5 years. Although I havnt done much CrossFit this past year.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I ordered several pairs and ended up sending them all back. Not enough cushion for her and way to narrow/stiff for me.

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Saw OP ended up with Nanos, they are good shoes. For others looking, Nike Metcons are also great for similar activities and have a slicker look to them IMO.

I’ve had a pair of trainers with the superfabric (bumpy) material for 2 years now. I have a narrow-ish foot and low arch and they are great for me. Look practically brand new with some creasing in the upper toe box from lunges and what not. Flat sole/insole that doesn’t have much cushion which is great for deadlifting and squatting. Very durable, want some of the high tops.

I got a pair a year ago, a little over that. Their fantastic for a gym shoe.
I'm not a crossfitter. More body building lifting and cardio machines. I wouldn't run in them (obviously). But for walking on the treadmill, stair stepper and elep their awesome.
They've held up amazingly well!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk