Nock bushings for hunting?

Putting together some new arrows for hunting and tac.
Thinking gold tip pro hunters or velocity pro.
Any benefit of using a nock bushings vs a standard nock.
If protecting arrow is the only real benefit ill just stick with a standard nock.

MattB

WKR
When I shot Carbon Tech (std OD carbon) I used them and they saved me money by protecting the back end of the arrows. Had quite a few dinged up when shooting groups, which I presume saved a much more expensive shaft from damage. For their cost, I would absolutely use them again.

Je942010

FNG
I ran Easton Da’torch 6mm arrows with a 6-5mm nock bushing for a season and never had any issues with them. I’ve never noticed a difference with any other arrow as far as wishing I had a nock bushing in the back but I also don’t shoot more than 1 arrow per target face. Your more likely to be refletching or replacing nock than tubing an arrow.

Marble

WKR
Personally, I'd go reduced diameter. 6mm or 5mm
This for sure, 5mm seems to be the best bang for the buck.

And if you are shooting 3d events, a nock bushing can and usually does save an arrow.

Some of the 3d arrows are $45-50 per arrow. Mine aren't, but at $20ish per arrow, spending a few bucks on nocks and bushings is an easy decision.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
A nock bushing can for sure help save arrows if you do quite a bit of group shooting. It is pretty easy to just shoot at different spots when practicing if you'd prefer to not have nock bushings.

FYI, if you buy GT Pro Hunters as factory fletched, they will come with the nock bushings already glued in. I'd go with GT XT Hunters if you want factory fletched but no nock bushings.

OP
C
Definitely fletch myself.
What about these two nocks if you don’t use nock bushings.I have used the gt nock for years.Do you like the lighter option with maybe a wrap?

Attachments

• IMG_9824.png
    IMG_9824.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9829.png
    IMG_9829.png
    229 KB · Views: 7
Black Eagle Spartans apparently come with nock bushings now. These are gonna be my arrows of choice for the next couple years since I bought 2 doz

Black Eagle Spartans apparently come with nock bushings now. These are gonna be my arrows of choice for the next couple years since I bought 2 doz
I bought 2 dozen as well, and just built my first of them up. I like them a lot - stainless nock bushing and stainless outsert. For the price you can get the shafts right now, they're excellent.

OP
C
I think I decided on the velocity pro or xt in 300 spine.
With nock bushings and regular insert.Ill have to buy the nock bushings separately if i choose the xt.
I can add fact weight if needed.
I have used velocity xt for years in 340 and they have been tough as hell.
I was looking at the smaller air strike arrows but I just don’t see the benefit of the extra collers on each end etc.