Nocturnal bucks

Hunted pretty hard this season in my part of Georgia. Seems that on my small 7 acres and the 1000 acre hunting club I only saw the bucks on game cams at night.
Only saw spikes and small deer during the day chasing doe. Not sure what I was doing wrong.

Rich M

WKR
The deer aren't bedded on or very near your lot.

Baiting is legal - look up ghost feeder.

Plant a food plot.

Do some hinge cutting and make a thicker area for secure bedding.

I hunt South Central GA - I hunt the furthest from the parking, in the thickest areas, and sit the longest, see some good deer but have lease holder who lives 5 minutes from lease - he shoots all the big ones before I arrive. I shoot the 2nd tier bucks, the almost big ones. The other guys shoot whatever they can.

Second the you may not be near close enough to bedding. And that can be really tough to create, cover alone isnt necessarily enough. If you have any steep elevation changes, start scouting or hanging cameras in those locations. What many think of as unusable ground is quite the opposite. Particularly true of pressured public lands, at least in the midwest.

The 7 acres is going to heavily depend on what it already means to them. If it is already known to be a core part of a bigger tract, improving cover might be beneficial. If it's not, I'd try foodplotting. I've had places over the years that doing that didn't change much in the way of daylight activity. But every now and then, a combination of below average mast crops and unseasonably cold weather post rut, and a below average location becomes your best bet for the biggest bull of the woods still around come late season.