Noise while drawing???

Greg Beck

WKR
I'm shooting a Mission Hype DTX. When I draw back and the limbs start to load (my words) something pops or click lightly? Pro shop says it's the draw stop?! Max draw is 30" which is what it's set at. Not sure it's the draw stop? If I draw and than let down and than redraw it never makes that sound. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the draw stop but it should be loose if it’s making noise. I would check where the limb rests in the limb pocket sometimes I’ve seen that spot get dirty or dry and make a similar noise spray a little lubricant there and it’s gone. Cable slide would be the other place to check. If it’s not at full draw yet when making the noise I don’t think it would be the draw stop but the module could also be loose.

Beendare

WKR
The draw stop should be padded with a little O ring or something, is it hard metal?

It could b the pimb pockets as Dover mentioned.....I've had bows where dirt/dust get in there and causes a little creaking. It could be the Yokes too, Some bows will creak a little if those yokes aren't just right.

No bow should make a click or creaking noise on the draw....never fails that will get you busted on an animal thats close.

OR Archer

WKR
There’s no draw stop on that bow, just a rotating module. More than likely it’s in the limb pocket. Probably needs to be disassembled and lubed.

OP
Greg Beck

Greg Beck

WKR
Thanks guys! Tried doing some cleaning and such like. Pretty green at the tuning. No press or any tools other than Allen wrenches. Have to take it it in and be more persistent. The proper thing would be to learn to do it all myself. I'll have to work on budgeting for some bow tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk