Nomad 2 and moose quarters

geriggs

WKR
Any have an opinion on running a Nomad 2 in AK for moose. I have a rambler but I figured having the wings stabilize the lateral movement of the quarters is a good idea. Anyone have experience with moose quarters and the original Nomad? Thanks

fatrascal

WKR
I'm not familiar with Moose quarters but if you go to YouTube and punch in kifaru nomad you will see lots of videos about how to load it up. The videos show meat bags filled with sleeping bags but you get the idea. Fatrascal.

MattB

WKR
Not AY moose quarters, but I packed a bone-in shiras moose hindquarter ~1.25 miles with one and it worked fine (better than I did).

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
great thanks for the info. A shiras is close enough......i think.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking with an experienced guide in Alaska, average bone-in moose quarters are 125 pounds. He used a barney's frame pack. I think an external frame pack would be a better choice for controlling that weight in many cases & I run kifaru packs so I am familiar with their capabilities.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Thanks, i know barneys is where it's at but I'm not buying one just for this hunt. Trying to find the best kifaru for the jpb

bmart2622

WKR
Obviously cant speak of the Nomad 2 but I hauled meat with the original Nomad and it was the easiest pack I ever had to load up with meat. I used the Grab it between the wings and it worked great. I dont see you having a problem hauling moose quarters with it.

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Kifaru recomended the cargo net to my buddy, I'm still trying to visualize it