Nomad 2 day packing setup

Curious if anyone has a good way to use the nomad 2 for day hunting without running a strap over the outside of the wings. Only downside I’ve found with the nomad so far is needing to unbuckle the strap over the wings to get to stuff in the bottom half.
Does the large compression pocket take up enough space in between the wings to be able to just buckle the wings together?
I’m trying buckling one wing all the way across to the side of the frame, we’ll see if that works

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Hey grayfalcon. I have a nomad2 that I use as a day pack quite often. I’ve done it a couple different ways, but now mostly put one wing over the other, kind of like you indicated. One thing I found that helps keep things a little more “tidy” is to lay the bag on the floor and open the wings. You will notice that each wing is connected to the middle part of the bag with three short pieces of webbing. Ones at the top are 2” and the middle and bottom ones are 1”. I take an open ended male buckle and put on the right hand side 1” webbing between the wing and bag. I then clip the left hand wing to those male buckles and then fold the right hand side wing over and clip it to webbing loops on the frame. Not sure if this makes sense or not. It probably isn’t necessary, but seems to keep things neater and helps with my ocd. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions. -Rufus