Nomad 2 vs 44 Mag

Hoping I'm not the only one whose had this dilemma, hopefully someone has used both and can weigh in.
Which would you choose for a pack that's use is roughly
75% day hunts, scouting, etc.
25% overnighters / multi day hunts.

Would you do the 44 mag, compress bag down for daypack mode, utilize meat shelf when needed to pack meat out.
or
Would you use the Nomad 2, with maybe a couple added pockets or a lid for day mode, and use a grabit to haul meat out?

Block

WKR
I’d buy something smaller if ur mainly day hunting..like the older gen 22mag on the classifieds. Breaks my heart they replaced it with the new design...I just sold my 44 cuz I never use it and prefer the design of the old 22 on 1-3 day hunts. Add a pocket or 2 if you need more space.

A bigger bag isn’t needed unless you plan on staying 5+ days,,, otherwise you’ll just end up carrying more un needed weight.

Last edited:

pc3

WKR
I have a 44 for a do all currently....I will add a day bag when I can. But the 44 isn't really a huge bag...cinched down you could probably make it work for everything.

Once your committed to the Kifaru system you can add/subtract a bag as needed. I think just buy the frame that suits your needs best and then first up buy an all round type bag. I was going to buy just one bag, the fulcrum but then they ran a deal on the 44 mag and I went that way. The Fulcrum probably would be your nomad and 44 all one though.

I'm rambling... in short I am happy with the 44 and for what your doing it would work well I think. By the time you put spotter and a few bits and pieces in I think you would be glad of the room. Its a good layout.