NOMAD II is finally up @ Kifaru

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
I'm with you on the price. I had the Nomad and couldn't get it to work for me. This version takes care of a lot of the issues I had with the old one. I may have to give it another try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I knew when I hit the paypal confirm button the other day on the Apollo, I should wait on this release. Well, after seeing those full length zippers on the wings, I proved my intuition right. Adding a cargo panel to the middle, there is nothing this pack won't do well. It's the perfect one pack do all. Gonna have to think long and hard tonight about what I am going to do. God Bless

7mag.

WKR
I'm holding out for the EMR III. I do like the changes they made, way better than the original Nomad.

Do you think you could attach an Apollo between the wings?

If I were wanting to do that I'd probably think about the Quandary instead. I think they're roughly the same size. But, yes if you combined with a Cargo panel it would be easy. Without a cargo panel not so much.

bmart2622

WKR
I like the size of the Native but I think a center zip between the wings would work better than the roll top on the Native. Seems like with all of that Pals it could be doable.

What are the strengths of this pack over the Reckoning?

It's much more modular. For a day pack you don't have to have anything in the middle and just have the wings. It's basically an EMR2 or EMR3 without the main bag in the middle. Many people put most of their stuff in a camp bag or dry sack and use either a cargo panel or grab it to carry their camp stuff and then just leave it at camp. The Reckoning is much better for those that don't like to play around with their setup and just want a backpack and aren't going to do much playing around with pockets and customization.

OP
L

LK1037

FNG
Nomad 2 or EMR 3.

(Uhg) The quest for the perfect one-and-done pack is back on...AGAIN.

One pack to rule them all.
One pack to scout 'em,
one pack to load 'em all,
and from the backwoods—haul 'em.

Kifaru has so many of my dollars.. Looks like they will be getting more.. I love my nomad, got it working really well after a few trips but i see where this might be even better. Damnit.

reaper

WKR
Just ordered about 700$ from kifaru 2 weeks ago...and now i see this bag...i want to see more pictures of it with 2-5 days trips to see how it work.I tried a modified HC7000,22 mag,tahr, Markhor...can't find the perfect bag for everything...this Nomad 2 looks nice and for me its a new thing to try with the wings...i need more info for sure before pulling the trigger again for a 285 usd bag.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
I'm with you on the price. I had the Nomad and couldn't get it to work for me. This version takes care of a lot of the issues I had with the old one. I may have to give it another try.

Not want to b*tch the prices they end-up with,i just think there is not much fabric in this nomad bag VS their other bags.Anyway i really like the new design,the too many straps from the original Nomad was the reason i never bought it.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

I do like the full zip side pockets but other than that I can't see much difference over my current nomad. I already run a large and med pocket attached between the wings. I often remove one of the three straps in day pack mode. I guess the scabbard might only attach to this new model.

I do like the upgraded pockets.

colonel00

WKR
I do like the full zip side pockets but other than that I can't see much difference over my current nomad. I already run a large and med pocket attached between the wings. I often remove one of the three straps in day pack mode. I guess the scabbard might only attach to this new model.

I do like the upgraded pockets.

I think the biggest change in the new Nomad and EMR is that the straps now run under the wing pockets instead of around the outside. This will allow you to access the contents of the wings without having to unbuckle everything. Here's a usage example. Let's say you are hauling a load of meat out (or in my case a packraft) and you have everything strapped in. With the old style, you would have to undo those compression straps to get to anything in those wings. This new design appears to allow you to access anything in those wings while still leaving your main bag contents securely strapped in.

I just looked at the Kifaru site and the photos there don't really show what I was talking about above really. But, you can see the tab loops on the edges of the wings where you can move the straps so they don't compress the wing pockets. It was easier to see on the EMR III photos on Kifaru's facebook page.