Nomad or Fulcrum water carrying option.

fatrascal

WKR
No doubt the best place to carry your water is up against your frame as close to your back as possible but sometimes when you pack meat or other items you need another option to carry your water. I like to utilize the side pockets but there is no loop to hang your bladder from in the Kifaru Nomad and Fulcrum. So I came up with my owne idea. I drilled or cut a slot in the top of the long pocket piece of plastic and cut one of my old straps that had a 3-bar slider on it. I left enough tail on the 3-bar slider to fold it over and sew in a loop.
gS1BmPX.jpg

Then i slid the 3-bar slider through the slot and then put a carbiner into the loop.
s8RPDqc.jpg

You know the rest of the story.
6JUIe7F.jpg

But I wasn't happy with it because the carbiner was too long and allowed the water bladder to bunch up in the bottom of the long pocket. So I took my carbiner loop loose and put another 3-bar slider into the loop. I then cut another slot into the plastic and these are the results.
5GmIZog.jpg

ciYDpfU.jpg

This is the backside. I love those 3-bar sliders.
jkCMs2M.jpg

Fatrascal.

Last edited:
OP
fatrascal

fatrascal

WKR
Boxerboxer, I don't know why. Maybe someone else will comment wether or not they can see them or tell us why you cannot. Fatrascal.

colersu22

WKR
I can’t see them either, says image does not exist or is no longer available and has the imgur name at the bottom of the pic.