Non dialing scope that holds zero??

Sandstrom

WKR
I am looking to set up a gun for my little brother with a new scope. He will mainly hunt deer in northern MN. He has no intention or desire to dial as his maximum shot distance will be in the 100 yard range. I would like to find a scope that is as reliable as my SWFAs with out the option to dial (capped adjustments, no exposed dials). Does something like this exist?? I would be open to either variable or fixed magnification. Once again, I am looking for a rough and tumble scope that can take a fall and still hold zero with out dialing.
Thanks,
Ryan

sndmn11

WKR
You can loosen the set screws on an SWFA and wrap a stip of tape half on the turret and half on the housing to make it a non-dialing scope.

Otherwise they do have a capped ultralight version.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Leupold VX3 scopes have never let me down. However, I’ve only been using a version of them since the 90s.

eric1115

WKR
Capped SHV or SWFA ultralight. Fixed 4x Leupold has a reputation for being pretty robust as well.

Or for a less conventional option, something like a 1-6 Razor or 1-4 Trijicon would be pretty close to bomb proof, fast in the dark woods and more than enough magnification for 100 yards.

Leupold fixed 2.5x is near indestructible. I’ve got one that has spent the last 30 years on a 45/70 then a 338 and now on a 375.

Trijicon MRO 2 MOA green dot is a perfect fit for that purpose as well

Fordguy

WKR
I realize that most here would rule out a "budget" scope like the vortex strike eagle, but I've had one on a bolt action 450 bushmaster for 5 years now. Its been knocked around, traveled thousands of miles, and hasn't needed any adjustment since it's initial sight in. Glass is reasonable, it has illumination even though I don't use it, and 6x is plenty for a 300 yard shot (which is the extreme end of the range for the .450 -at least for me).

Fordguy

WKR
Leupold fixed 2.5x is near indestructible. I’ve got one that has spent the last 30 years on a 45/70 then a 338 and now on a 375.

Trijicon MRO 2 MOA green dot is a perfect fit for that purpose as well
What stores stock a 2.5 fixed leupold?- If they still make it. I've wanted to look at one for quite a while for a single shot 45/70. Haven't seen one at BP or cabelas, academy, etc.

What stores stock a 2.5 fixed leupold?- If they still make it. I've wanted to look at one for quite a while for a single shot 45/70. Haven't seen one at BP or cabelas, academy, etc.

I don’t know who would stock one.

I had mine on a Ruger #1 45/70 for a while. It absorbed hot loads and kept on going in style.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

hodgeman

WKR
Lots of scopes fit the bill....

I've got a couple of fixed power Leupold scopes that have been getting it done for 2 decades and a couple Zeiss 3-9x that are 15 years old.

For "set it and forget it" a Leupold is hard to beat.

Laramie

WKR
The Nikon on my son's 243 hasn't needed adjustment in over 10 years. My VX3 on my 30-06 is going on 14 years without needing adjustment. My wife's rifle has a cheaper vortex scope that is going on 8 years without adjustment. We are nice to our guns and keep them in cases but they do go in the field yearly and shoot 20-100 rounds through each yearly.