NON gtx hiking/hunting boots?

snopro176

WKR
Ive really been wanting to try a lighter option, probably a hiking boot that's not gtx. I dig my hanwags but think they're overkill for what I need in a CA bow season. Anything you'd recommend?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have been searching for light non gtx boots and it's disappointing how few I have found. I really would like to have leather for cactus protection.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I really like non GTX boots as much of my hikes involve swamps or creek crossings of some sort and GTX just holds the water in longer and dry out slower if I go over the boot tops.

I can’t remember the exact model I have as they are a couple years old now but they are similar to these:

Hope that helps
I kept finding this boot but in the gtx version and didn't even realize they made the aero version! AND they're on sale?! Needless to say I just placed an order. Thanks, this is exactly what I've been looking for, apparently just not hard enough!

JNDEER

WKR
If those boots don’t work out. My brother uses Merrell mids and I have been using vasque breeze boots for about 10 years. If you put on a bunch of miles they last me about 2-3 years a pair, but I find them on sale at REI yearly

*zap*

WKR
Belleville 333 Sabre, 3# per pair. Very flexible sole.

IMG_5431.JPG

Solomon Contagrip stiff sole, 2.25# per pair.

IMG_5432.JPG

rj2

WKR
Ive really been wanting to try a lighter option, probably a hiking boot that's not gtx. I dig my hanwags but think they're overkill for what I need in a CA bow season. Anything you'd recommend?

what hanwags are you wearing?

Jimss

WKR
Crispi makes some super light boots. I prefer GTX but that's just me and the country I spend time

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
what hanwags are you wearing?
The Makras. They're great but just warm as most gtx boots tend to be. I had some points built up and got the Salomons for $85 so I'm not out much if it don't work but I think they'll fit the bill just fine

I really like non GTX boots as much of my hikes involve swamps or creek crossings of some sort and GTX just holds the water in longer and dry out slower if I go over the boot tops.

I can’t remember the exact model I have as they are a couple years old now but they are similar to these:

Hope that helps

I see these for $65 online. I may have to pick up a pair.

I was just about to second the Salomons. I’ve got very picky feet due to a Morton’s neuroma, and my Salomon Quests have treated me well for the last several years with both support and comfort, but looking at their website now I’m afraid I only see GTX options.

Salomon forces quest 4d non goretex can be found on clearance right now on tactical sites. I’ve posted elsewhere about how they fit differently than the regular quest 4d gtx but still a good value for a non goretex boot.

I run Hanwag Yukons until late fall. Being leather lined instead of goretex, they breath very well. The also are pretty water resistant if you keep them oiled

ncstewart

WKR
I have been using non gtx salmons for several years and have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk