Non-hunting companies that support conservation?

Curious if there is interest in keeping a thread up where we can share non hunting companies that support conservation?

I noticed a commercial for Pacifico beer where they promoted their partnership for conservation. This made me curious so I checked out their web page and they partner with the Conservation Alliance. I will have to give Pacifico a try.

I like to buy dog gear from Ruffwear and they also partner with the Conservation Alliance.

Anyway, this made me wonder what other non hunting companies are out there partnering with organizations for conservation.

Triple d

FNG
New Belgium Brewing is another good one. They are big sponsors for many hunting/conservation organizations and are public land advocates. Anytime I’m out to eat and fat tire is available I buy it to support them.

New Belgium Brewing is another good one. They are big sponsors for many hunting/conservation organizations and are public land advocates. Anytime I’m out to eat and fat tire is available I buy it to support them.
If we are going to talk about beer companies to support I’d like to point one out for the opposite reason.

Sierra Nevada is great from a conservation standpoint but they are hugely anti 2a. They used to give us stuff for our local banquets but now they deny any request for donations from any non profits that have firearms at their fundraisers or if they mention supporting shooting sports in their mission statement.

If we are going to talk about beer companies to support I’d like to point one out for the opposite reason.

Sierra Nevada is great from a conservation standpoint but they are hugely anti 2a. They used to give us stuff for our local banquets but now they deny any request for donations from any non profits that have firearms at their fundraisers or if they mention supporting shooting sports in their mission statement.
How is that "hugely anti 2a"?

Could they not just decide that not directly supporting something that a minority of the population engages in isn't the best use of their marketing dollars?

I haven't seen them engaged in any efforts to repeal the second amendment.

How is that "hugely anti 2a"?

Could they not just decide that not directly supporting something that a minority of the population engages in isn't the best use of their marketing dollars?

I haven't seen them engaged in any efforts to repeal the second amendment.
How is removing support for conservation organizations because of their affiliation with firearms not anti 2a?

We aren't talking about deciding not to sponsor NRA dinners, we are talking about pulling long-term support from grassroots, local conservation organizations because perhaps they host a youth shooting camp. That's a corporate philosophy, not a marketing decision.

How is removing support for conservation organizations because of their affiliation with firearms not anti 2a?

We aren't talking about deciding not to sponsor NRA dinners, we are talking about pulling long-term support from grassroots, local conservation organizations because perhaps they host a youth shooting camp. That's a corporate philosophy, not a marketing decision.
There's a lot of causes I don't directly support, but am far from opposed to.

It's marketing funds... They go to what seems most likely to result in customers spending money on the products.

Sierra Nevada is privately owned.

There's a lot of causes I don't directly support, but am far from opposed to.
Supporting a conservation organization isn't the same as directly supporting guns. RMEF/DU/CWA/CDA <> to Friends of the NRA

They are choosing to not support the former, ignoring the conservation benefits due to an indirect relationship.

I understand they are privately owned, and they have corporate philosophies that reflect the beliefs of their owner. Thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Supporting a conservation organization isn't the same as directly supporting guns. RMEF/DU/CWA/CDA <> to Friends of the NRA

They are choosing to not support the former, ignoring the conservation benefits due to an indirect relationship.

I understand they are privately owned, and they have corporate philosophies that reflect the beliefs of their owner. Thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with pointing it out.
And you're rounding up to label them as "anti 2a" because there's zero evidence of them trying to get rid of it.

And you're rounding up to label them as "anti 2a" because there's zero evidence of them trying to get rid of it.
ya... not a huge leap.

If a baker says they won't bake a cake for a same sex marriage but they don't actively try to repeal gay marriage legislation are they not anti-gay marriage?

ya... not a huge leap.

If a baker says they won't bake a cake for a same sex marriage but they don't actively try to repeal gay marriage legislation are they not anti-gay marriage?
For your analogy to be accurate, the baker would not be donating to a gay rights event...

Sierra Nevada regularly sells to hunters, shooters, and gun owners.

For your analogy to be accurate, the baker would not be donating to a gay rights event...

Sierra Nevada regularly sells to hunters, shooters, and gun owners.
Half true. You are right, they will sell to shooters, but they don't have to directly be donating to a gay rights event for my analogy to work. Again, this isn't a donation to a gun rights event. Its a donation to an event that is indirectly affiliated. Conservation organizations, not Friends of the NRA.
I'll play one more time.

The baker donates a cake to a bake sale for the local exchange club every year, and has for a decade. One year the club elects a gay married man as a president and when approached for the annual cake donation the baker says "we don't donate to organizations that support gay marriage" but they don't actively try to repeal gay marriage legislation. Are they not anti-gay marriage?

Dirtbag

WKR
Are we sure Conservation Alliance is really on our side? I don't think there is any doubt they are pouring money towards public lands and open spaces, but I question if they are truly hunter friendly. They don't mention hunting anywhere in their mission statement. There isn't anyone on their board from a hunting company or even has hunting listed as one of their hobbies, and there are only a few hunting specific companies listed as major contributors.

There are also some known companies that have actively worked against hunters and sportsmen, Patagonia and REI as the easy ones.

I could be wrong though so fill me in if I am.

OP
MuleyFever
Are we sure Conservation Alliance is really on our side? I don't think there is any doubt they are pouring money towards public lands and open spaces, but I question if they are truly hunter friendly. They don't mention hunting anywhere in their mission statement. There isn't anyone on their board from a hunting company or even has hunting listed as one of their hobbies, and there are only a few hunting specific companies listed as major contributors.

There are also some known companies that have actively worked against hunters and sportsmen, Patagonia and REI as the easy ones.

I could be wrong though so fill me in if I am.
To me, helping hunting doesnt always have to be about hunting. I dont know the answer to your question but conservation will directly help the birds and animals we hunt. Unless the company is actively trying to limit hunting I see their efforts to conserve wild places as a positive. I know they gave money to Ducks Unlimited. It is possible for the mission of an org to change over time as well so what was once at least hunter friendly could over time swing the other way. Again, I dont know where the CA officially stands on hunting though. It would be good to know.

To me, helping hunting doesnt always have to be about hunting. I dont know the answer to your question but conservation will directly help the birds and animals we hunt. Unless the company is actively trying to limit hunting I see their efforts to conserve wild places as a positive. I know they gave money to Ducks Unlimited. It is possible for the mission of an org to change over time as well so what was once at least hunter friendly could over time swing the other way. Again, I dont know where the CA officially stands on hunting though. It would be good to know.
I agree with you.

I hunt, a lot. I will also talk about how stupid it can be. How miserable it can be. What a waste of money it is.

My wife, who doesn't hunt? "It's great, Nick loves it. The bird dogs are really sweet."