Non-Hunting Packs

Alright y’all...
Those of you who run non-hunting packs, let’s hear about them. What are some modifications or things you’ve changed/added on? Drop a pic if you feel like it!

wildcat33

WKR
Arc Teryx Bora 95. No mods. Just run it until the straps wear out, then get new ones for free from AT.

Opah

WKR
My day pack is a Bass pro shop on sale one. has a mole skin type material Real tree Camo and leather bottom, deep side pockets for the big 2 liter water bottles, front zipper pocket for tags, pins ect and a deep back wide pack,
The only mod was a wooden toggle sewn on the right shoulder strap to keep my rifle and/or bow from slipping off.

Hoodie

WKR
I used a Mystery Ranch Glacier last year and this year.

After I packed my elk this year I realized I don't need a frame rated to ninety lbs (Though there certainly isn't anything wrong with overkill when it comes to frames). The Glacier was a great pack but I had some nitpicky issues with it.

I picked up an Osprey Xenith 75 a few months back because it seemed more compressible and came with the best daypack lid I've seen so far (I like that option for stalks). It's their burliest frame option I believe. It's rated up to 70lbs.

So far it's been super comfortable loaded up to 50-60.

An unexpected bonus is the straps make less noise when drawing a bow than any other big pack I've used by far.

If you're not a meat-shelf fan you can save a lot going to a mountaineering pack. I paid $350 for my Osprey, but just saw last years colors on sale for $265 or so.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Before I purchased my EXO 3500, I used an REI Ridgeline 65 for several years. I still hike with it, and do training hikes/runs with it,. It hauls 50-60lbs. like a champ, as comfortable if not more comfortable than my EXO, just not quite as flexible as a hunting specific pack, when it comes to hauling meat. I've hauled out a handful of animals with the REI pack though and it did fine, I wouldnt hesitate to use it again.

REI Ridgeline 65

Joshs74

FNG
Kelty Redwing 30. No issues after about 9 months of daily use. The belts not removable but does stuff under the lumbar padding. Fairly well made and is just under $100.