Non insulated/waterproof “flatlander” boot

Scottyboy

WKR
Looking for suggestions for a non insulated, waterproof boot for a “flatlander”. (Ie, I’m not scaling a rock face nor packing 80lbs to my destination).

Being in Minnesota my options to try any of the ‘higher end’ boots is basically nil.

Main use would be walking to my tree stand, or spot and stalk style hunting in the Midwest, relatively ‘easy’ terrain. Occasional trip out west is also a possibility, but again not packing miles or carrying a heavy load very far.

I’ve been to my local cabelas and haven’t been too impressed with the selection or customer service (knowledge)

My max budget is somewhere around 350-400. I welcome and all recommendations

Lowa renegades would be my suggestion, very comfortable boot for walking. Rei carries them so good return policy if you can't try them on first.

Jimss

WKR
I use and abuse my boots at work year round. I hunt Colo, Wyo, Alaska, Nebraska, and a few other scattered states on a regular basis. I've had really good luck with Lowas. I prefer mid-weight hikers. A couple Lowas I've had luck with are the Vantage and Caminos. I really like Tibets but they are a bit tall, stiff, and heavy. I often wear the Tibets in deep snow with gators. I've owned a couple pairs of Lowa Renegades. They are super light and comfortable but unfortunately tended to fall apart at the seams after lots of abuse and from getting wet. One nice thing about Lowas is they usually come in different widths. I need a wide toe-box so it's nice to have that option.

I had a couple Scarpa Kailash and they were great boots. They were a bit narrower than Lowas….which didn't tend to help my feet.

I've seen lots of great reviews for the Crispis but haven't ever tried them.

Looking for suggestions for a non insulated, waterproof boot for a “flatlander”. (Ie, I’m not scaling a rock face nor packing 80lbs to my destination).

Being in Minnesota my options to try any of the ‘higher end’ boots is basically nil.

Main use would be walking to my tree stand, or spot and stalk style hunting in the Midwest, relatively ‘easy’ terrain. Occasional trip out west is also a possibility, but again not packing miles or carrying a heavy load very far.

I’ve been to my local cabelas and haven’t been too impressed with the selection or customer service (knowledge)

My max budget is somewhere around 350-400. I welcome and all recommendations
My Salomon X Ultra Mids are still waterproof after quite a bit of spring hiking (turkey, morels, whitetail scouting, and hiking with my kids/dog). That said, if you want something that will stay wateeproof through multiple seasons you may not have much luck with them from what I've read.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
I wear scarpas on a daily basis and usually end up hunting, hiking in them as well. Zen pros seem to fit my feet pretty well. Lowa makes good lighter weight models also.

bowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
How well do they fit? Did you order your normal size boot or have to adjust length width wise? I've had my eyes on these boots but haven't had a chance to try them on so just curious before ordering
I ordered same size that I wear in my other shoes. fit me great

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had some great luck with Hoffman Explorers. Very comfortable, well made, and within your budget. I’ve put some decent miles on them hiking with and without a pack and haven’t had an issue with hot spots or blisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Lacrosse Grange for non insulated. Lacrosse Burly for insulated. Way below your money threshold and extremely comfortable.