Non resident SD Antelope question

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
I have scoured SD’s website and OnX and cannot seem to find an answer. Are non resident archery antelope licenses hard to get? The application says that you can apply at anytime throughout the season and to leave plenty of time for the license to process before leaving... giving me the impression it is almost a certainty? Thinking unit 15A or 15B and not one of the “limited entry” areas. Thanks

jmez

WKR
Archery licences are unlimited but you have to apply and they send the license in the mail. You can apply online and speed the process up a little. Takes 3-5 days to get them in state.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Archery licences are unlimited but you have to apply and they send the license in the mail. You can apply online and speed the process up a little. Takes 3-5 days to get them in state.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Yup, and they are good statewide. No need to choose a specific unit.

CP6

FNG
We hunt SD for goats; it has been 50/50, but fun. Not as bad as deer season (ridiculously crowded now) and they seem to cooperate if you can find them in some topography.

I will say, watch for rattlesnakes. Folks say they never see them but we have crawled up on two stalking, nearly nose to nose. Moving slow and quiet, I was belly crawling to get into a draw to angle on a bedded buck. Saw movement to my right, rattler came straight up out and was nearly looking down on me. Never struck and I was probably out range, but still that buzz and that head so close scared the crap out of me. Blew that stalk lol

rlmmarine

WKR
+1 on the snakes i was hunting outside of newell and damn neer stepped into a hole full or rattlers. It was more snakes than ive ever seen in one spot

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Was down scouting for goats last week in SD. Seen a couple dead rattlers on the road and ran over a live one. Man I hate those things!

Pbast81

FNG
If you go to a game and fish office during business hours you can buy them on the spot. We did it last year.

SD home of the Road Ninja. No regard for others, wind direction, silhouetting ones self or a goats best on planet vision. Pretty sure Im done with that place.