Non typical newbie

Hey boys, just letting all ya know that not every newbie sideways asks for you to point them on their honey hole. Shit I’ll break all three cardinal rules. I wanna know how much money or land you got, secondly how your ole lady screws, and finally the most important where you hunt and fish!!!! Sadly I just am a farm boy who’s family has grown faster than our farm and has run out of ground to hunt without stepping on toes!! So I’ve delved into solo hunting up on some high country in my home state of Washington. I’ve picked a unit I know has genetics and decent winters the past few years but have no experience in scouting high country. All I’m used to is open terrain big sage brush basins butting up next to farm ground . So I know exactly jack and shit about habitat habits Bucky looking country and the like so info literature any help would be a blessing!! I might even name my next kid after you here’s what I’m used to hunting60080B8C-382F-42FC-9CF1-7B123A2BA186.jpeg

OP
Jake”0”
Here some of the genetics around where I’m from the unit I wanna learn produces decent bucks and a few rare toads!!

Robby's book is a good one, lots of applicable tactics, lessons, etc. to general high-country scouting and hunting. David's is a good one as well.

Seems like most first-time "High Country Hunters" in our state like to go to Glacier for some reason -- it's a tough hunt up there with a few deer, lots of bear, and lots more people. September is the time of year when the PCT thru hikers are in that area as well, so keep a wide berth from the trail. Expect 20+ trucks and a half-dozen trailer horses at any trailhead starting a few days before season. It's a long haul, but worth considering taking the PCT from Chelan into the south end of the wilderness area, although you may cross paths with some folks that aren't keen on hunting.

You seem to have picked your area based on trophy buck potential, nothing wrong with that, but they are extremely few and far between in GPW and require immense amounts of pre-season scouting, training, and patterning to knock down. There are a lot of guys chasing them around up there, quite a few with honey-holes they've hunted for many years.

Any solo buck out of the wilderness is a trophy -- good luck!

P.S. -- Start doing your weighted squats, lunges, step-ups, and hikes now, or you'll be coming out early.

OP
Jake”0”
Thanks a ton there my good sir I have picked up robbies book and been scouting will have to start training and I do have mules as well wich is a bonus

Interested in the book mentioned, anyone have a copy they are looking to sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk