Nonresident Predator Hunting

I think he was more along the lines of saying his wife isn't going to let him hunt out of state unless it's an animal that she likes to eat. lol

Lol. Or I like to eat.

And no where did I say I needed the meat. The point is spend $2000 for a fur or spend $2000 and have meat that will help fill the freezer. Most people are going to go for the latter is all I was saying.

For me personally typically don’t hunt out of state for a few reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Lol. Or I like to eat.

And no where did I say I needed the meat. The point is spend $2000 for a fur or spend $2000 and have meat that will help fill the freezer. Most people are going to go for the latter is all I was saying.

For me personally typically don’t hunt out of state for a few reasons.

We all know the wife has the final say so lol

Funny thing my wife last night said "If you don't come home with an elk I'm taking the dogs and leaving". Of course she is joking but man she loves her deer and elk. I have to convince her to share it with friends and family lol

I’ve also found that some people aren’t as willing to share predator spots as others. Which, like you, I find funny. I’ve always been very willing to share any predator hunting spots I can, we all benefit from the success.

Im willing to share predator spots with people, and i do. But a lot of good bear spots also happen to be where i hunt deer, so even though i want to help predator hunters, im not going to point them to those spots. Probably my best bear spot is an area that has really very few deer, but the bucks that ARE there tend to be big mature bucks. Point a stranger to the area for spring bear, the next thing ya know he picks up a 75" whitetail shed, and come fall you got company. Pretty logical reason why people could be hesitant to share info with predator hunters. Still, i do help, just cant risk pointing people to my better deer spots.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Hell id be interested in a rokslide predator hunt! Plus it would give me an excuse to get a new rifle because my missouri predator rifle wouldn't be sufficient out west.

I have a wolf tag and a bear tag, I usually hunt 7 and 9, fire closures have me looking to 4 and 4A, any help is appreciated , I'll be there in a month as a mentor for a youth elk hunter

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I guess this is as good a spot as any to ask, since I haven’t seen this thread on here elsewhere even though I have searched:
Many OTC archery elk units in CO also offer OTC archery bear tags. How often are any of y’all seeing bears while elk hunting in CO? Is it realistic to expect to see them or is purchasing that tag just a donation to the state of CO? I realize there are a lot of variables that affect seeing/shooting bears. Just curious what y’all’s experience has been. If this is already discussed somewhere else, can you link that thread for me?

FLATHEAD

WKR
Wanted to do a little Bobcat calling on my last trip to NM.
That NR 300$ fur trappers license takes the fun out of it.
No thanks.

wytx

WKR
Wanted to do a little Bobcat calling on my last trip to NM.
That NR 300$ fur trappers license takes the fun out of it.
No thanks.
Steep but that hide may well be worth way more than $300 out west. Get a couple and pay for the license by selling one.

When I hunted elk in ID, I bought a wolf, cat, and bear tag. My F-I-L and I shot a lion. I've been trying to talk my buddies into going out to the Frank, to try our luck at wolves. Hopefully one of them takes me up on the idea.