Noob and 6.5 CM 143 ELD-X

I have not really found the answer to my question so here it goes. I have all of the reloading supplies using H4350 and the 143 ELD-X projectile. One hundred precent of my reloading consumables and equipment is new in the box. Thats the noob part. My Fierce Fury loves the factory loaded Precision Hunter for the 6.5 creedmoor but its getting expensive. I have only had it out to 100 yards but 4 out of 5 touching is not out of the question. So my question is does anyone have a recipe using the h4350 that closely matches the factory load? I know its not that simple because they have custom powder etc but can I get close with a powder charge and just match the length of the factory stuff?

42 grains of H4350 in Hornady brass with CCI 200 was approximately 30 FPS faster than the factory precision hunter for me. 41.5 is where I’d start

Lawnboi

WKR
Id put my money on 41.5 of h4350 shooting well and being close to factory.

I’d measure cbto of factory, duplicate the length and do a ladder and attempt to work up to factory velocity in your rifle. Definitely start lower and work up. I copied a Berger load doing this last year and started at 39 and worked up to 42.

Good info already for you in this thread. Do you have a chrono or access to one? If you really want to replicate the factory load that will be your easiest way.

OP
NevadaMike
Good info already for you in this thread. Do you have a chrono or access to one? If you really want to replicate the factory load that will be your easiest way.
I do not have a chrono yet. I have just started researching them.

I do not have a chrono yet. I have just started researching them.

If you can swing it financially, the Magnetospeed or Labradar will be your best options. Magnetospeed can change barrel harmonics and shift POI so depending on your barrel you may not be able to shoot for velocity and true groups at the same time during load workup (this is not necessarily true for all barrels/rifles). Labradar allows both. I have both the Magnetospeed V3 and the Labradar. I only use thr Labradar now. The Magnetospeed gets loaned out to friends when they need a chrono.