Noob question

Payaso

FNG
Just got a new bow that is already set up. Shoots good and I like it but, when I draw the bow and get to my anchor, my sight line is substantially under my target.

Is there anything I can do/change to help get the sight on target more “naturally” when I get to full draw? Maybe just more practice?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
impossible to say for sure but sounds like you back shoulder is too high and needs to be dropped down to a more level position. Could be from a too long draw length.

Start with #8. Watch and rewatch. Hell Im gonna watch them tomorrow before I shoot.

Reactions: Zac
OP
P

Payaso

FNG
Thanks. Draw length is actually .5” shorter than my old bow. I’ll check the videos.

Marble

WKR
Probably take a pictures we understand what you're talking about.

To me, it sounds like your peep needs adjustment. But idk.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
OP
P

Payaso

FNG
Not sure I fully understand the issue you're having, but your peep sight may not be properly positioned in the string.
Compared to a pistol or shotgun, when you pull it up and look down the sight you’d like to be on target. When I draw the bow and look I am below my target and have to raise up to get on target. Maybe lowering the peep sight down my string could help?

Compared to a pistol or shotgun, when you pull it up and look down the sight you’d like to be on target. When I draw the bow and look I am below my target and have to raise up to get on target. Maybe lowering the peep sight down my string could help?
Yes, sounds like your peep sight needs to come down. Draw the bow with your eyes closed and settle into a comfortable anchor position then open your eyes. If the peep sight is above your "natural" line of sight when you first open your eyes, it needs to come down. It will probably take a little trial and error to get the peep sight just right.

OP
P

Payaso

FNG
Yes, sounds like your peep sight needs to come down. Draw the bow with your eyes closed and settle into a comfortable anchor position then open your eyes. If the peep sight is above your "natural" line of sight when you first open your eyes, it needs to come down. It will probably take a little trial and error to get the peep sight just right.
Ok. Thank you.

parkerpr

FNG
echo the above posts ... when you say "is already set up," was it set up for you? Definitely check peep height, like Mighty Mouse suggests. Other things to consider ... release style (hinge/BT/handle versus wrist strap) and anchor point consistency.

Good luck!