Norma 204

Hi everyone first post here and I tried searching the forum but didn't find anything. I recently picked up a 6.5 PRC that i wanted to do some reloading for but in the current market clearly supplies are limited. I do however have some Norma 204 Powder on hand and while it might be little fast I wanted to give it a try and see how it preformed. I was thinking about using some Berger 156 bullets with the powder as well. Now I picked this powder up from a guy who said it was great in his .260 rem but he has since sold the guns and didn't need the powder anymore. I can find some load data for the 250 rem and the 6.5-284 using 156 and 143 grain bullets and this powder but nothing for the PRC- even contacted Norma who says they are still testing powders in the round so they have no recommendations. below are the data pages for the 260 and the 6.5-284 and even through in the 6.5 creedmore as it is recommended there as well.

Guess my question is has anyone used this powder in the PRC and/or does anyone have anythoughts on a starting point to build up from?

Nick

BBob

WKR
Don't take this to the bank at all. I do not have actual measurements so take this as suspect. I threw it in real quick using the 155 Sierra and a 140 Berger Elite Hunter. That said it looks like 204 might work but not optimal. I ran one with slower and more appropriate MRP to give a comparison.

GRT 6_5 PRC Norma 204 Sierra 155.JPGGRT 6_5 PRC Norma 204 Berg 140 El Hunt.JPGGRT 6_5 PRC Norma MRP Berger 140 Elite Hunt.JPG

Last edited:
OP
N
I questioned the mrp but couldn't find any in stock. Thanks for the information

What program are you using? Might have to look into getting that my last time I reloaded was my 30-06 which was easier to find and work up what I wanted due to age and availability of supplies.