Norma Bondstrike Minimum FPS impact

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what the minimum impact velocity for the Norma Bondstrike might be and still have good expansion? I'm not finding much data on them for longer-range work. I would guess similar to the Nosler accubond

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any feedback on the Bondstrike ?

Petey308 on long range hunting has sectioned them, measured jacket thickness and made an impact recommendation.

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Petey308 on long range hunting has sectioned them, measured jacket thickness and made an impact recommendation.
I looked at that site and saw his sectioned post but didn't see any recommendation on impact. Ill keep reading unless you have a link to that you can share

He recommended 2000 and 2200 minimum might be a better number.
He tends to be a bit conservative but has a good amount of real world data with different jacket thicknesses and lead alloys

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
He recommended 2000 and 2200 minimum might be a better number.
He tends to be a bit conservative but has a good amount of real world data with different jacket thicknesses and lead alloys
Thanks for the info.
I did find a Youtube video of the bond strike hitting gel around 2200, I believe, and it opened up way more than I thought a bonded bullet ever would. The expansion was someplace around three times the original diameter and there was expansion down almost to the base. Looked like an accubond might look at around 3000 fps impact. I'm guessing they are a softer lead alloy than accubonds from that test.