North American 3 gun.

TwoTikkas

WKR
Well,it seems I've gone and done it. Since last Nov, I have aquired a three some of T3 Tikkas. A Tikka Triad of sorts if you will. I didn't set out to,but I see no reason these 3 rifles can't be a North American 3 gun battery. The Triad consists of a blued 25/06 wearing a 4X-12X Leupold. Capable of delivering bullets from 75 to 120gr at not too shabby a speed. Little recoil and quite accurate. Ideal for our local whitetails and varmints out to the plains and beyond for antelope and deer of all species. The other blued rifle is of the 7mm Remington Magnum chambering again scoped with a 4X-12X Leupy. Here we can pick up with the 120gr bullets on up to and including the 160 grainers. Personaly,I'm not a fan of the 175gr pill in the shorter barrels at Remmy Mag velocities. Just a personal preference. I see nothing wrong with a 160gr in say a Partition or other quality design up around the 3,000 fps mark. Good medicine for muleys and elk at reasonable ranges. Easy to shoot accurately and proven effective since 1962. The same year your truly was born. That has to account for something! Last but not least the battery is rounded out with a stainless 338 Winchester Mag that sports a 3X-9X Leupold I had changed to a CPC reticle. Capable of delivering pills in excess of 250gr,or as light as 180gr if you like. Taking over where the 7 Remmy leaves off. From Yellowstone to the Youkon, including the big bears, it doesn't have to appologize to anyone.
Yep,it seems I've stumbled onto a nice little battery for North American critters. I'll be employing them as such too for the next year or two. May as well play out this hand. I delt it. Hope the critters don't mind.
033.jpg

032.jpg

Anyone else have a favorite 3 gun they would like to share? I'd love to see em'!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Cool post and guns. I'd say your covered. Are you going to change your handle now?

For me, my 3 are
7mm Rem Mag, 7mm Rem Mag (a spare), and .22 lr

that's pretty much all the budget allows.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
243 win, .308 win. 375 H&H, take 'em all away and I'll roll with a 325 WSM :D