North Carolina quail hunt

JtAnvil

FNG
Any Nc guys here do any quail hunting between nc to Georgia? I know our quail population is pretty much non existent but didn’t know if anyone does any upland hunting. Since our duck limits have gotten less I’m just looking for something other than whitetails once i get back from Idaho otc.

I live in NC too and wish we had more quail. I really don’t know of anyplace that kills birds on a regular basis. Wish NC wildlife could do the same thing with the quail as they have done with the turkeys and bears.

ZT3006

FNG
I’m part of a hunt club in NC that borders a massive hunting preserve right by the South Carolina line The preserve releases thousands of thousands of quail and many of them cross the propert line so I do pretty well. But on a few of our tracts that are away from the preserve we don’t have many quail. We do have some but not too many. Have you thought of rabbit hunting? There are lots of rabbits.

OP
J

JtAnvil

FNG
Yeah I usually get in on a couple rabbit hunts throughout the year after deer season if I’m not traveling south for work. It’s hard to beat grilled quail though!